PDA

View Full Version : what is disney like mid april?

dyin tago
07-07-2009, 11:47 PM
hi,
dw and I had our fourth september trip planned for this september but had to postpone it this year.
we were wondering what crowds and weather would be like mid april to end of april in 2010? would it be comparable to september during free dining?

easter falls on april fourth.

pcoleman
07-08-2009, 01:30 AM
April is our favorite time to go to Disney. Low 80's no humidity, cooler at night. Towards the end of April we have found the crow levels low and manageable. The flowers are out and it is beautiful. Went last September with free dining, crowds were nonexistent but it was HOT.If dining is not an issue then you need to decide what weather works better for you.

jmj18
07-08-2009, 07:25 AM
We went this past April. NEVER again! We usually go the end of November...crowds light..weather still nice enough to swim.

April was horrible. Lines were very long....people were rude...like I said NEVER again for us.

Strmchsr
07-08-2009, 08:09 AM
It largely depends on when Easter falls. When Easter is in April you can count on mid-April being very crowded. Now, this year every time has been much crowded than normal. It seems that is due to the aggressive marketing with the 4 for 3 promotion. WDW gave promotions at a time they never historically have a discount. So, crowds have been up across the board in every month. Don't know if that will be the case next April, but when Easter is earlier (in March or very early April) then crowds start to die down by mid April.

rjmdds
07-08-2009, 08:36 AM
We only go at the end of April when Easter is in late March or very early April. We love it this time of year. The weather is really ideal. The crowds are relatively light and the parks (especially Epcot with the Flower & Garden Featival) look beautiful. I always check, though, when Easter is. As for Spring Breakers, we have found that New England is usually on Spring Break in late April, but the effect is minimal...unless you're a Yankee fan like me and have to see those d*@n red "B" hats all over the place!:ack:

DVC2004
07-08-2009, 08:37 AM
If it's around Easter expect it to be very crowded. That is peak season.

r4kids
07-08-2009, 09:26 AM
We went this past April. NEVER again! We usually go the end of November...crowds light..weather still nice enough to swim.

April was horrible. Lines were very long....people were rude...like I said NEVER again for us.

DITTO!!!!!~

obsessive planner
07-08-2009, 09:33 AM
We are planning on going the last week in April and it should be fine. I think most, if not all, spring breaks should be done with by then. I'm looking forward to the cooler weather...

dyin tago
07-08-2009, 11:12 AM
we are also considering around 20th of april.

easter is on the 4th so hope crowds will drop by then. we are also concerned about the weather being warm enough to enjoy the waterparks and beaches. september is great for water parks. would be such a nice switch to have comfortable weather for the parks and still be able to enjoy the water parks and beaches also!:mickey:

dyin tago
07-08-2009, 11:16 AM
we have been to disney 6 times so far but 4 times in september and 2 times in july. hard to give up going in september for the free dining but it is just wife and I and we enjoy the cheaper meals like rotisserie chicken outdoors at caribbean beach or port orleans and counter meals anyway. we find that we eat more than we need also with desserts etcetere that we normally don`t eat. and in exchange for free food you are sweltering in the parks.

rjmdds
07-08-2009, 12:15 PM
we are also considering around 20th of april.

easter is on the 4th so hope crowds will drop by then. we are also concerned about the weather being warm enough to enjoy the waterparks and beaches. september is great for water parks. would be such a nice switch to have comfortable weather for the parks and still be able to enjoy the water parks and beaches also!:mickey:

The weather is plenty warm to enjoy waterparks and pools. Don't worry. Plus, rain is very scarce in April.