PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Into Villas at Grand Californian!

mjaclyn
07-07-2009, 10:39 PM
DH and I are headed to Cali to see his family and we'll be visiting DLR while we're there. Since we're brand new DVC members I wanted to try using points for two nights at the Grand Californian villas. I was SO disappointed when I read that they weren't scheduled to open until the end of November because we're going out there in the beginning of October. I ended up filling out a reservation request form anyway just to give it a try and it came back today confirmed!! I'm so excited!! I've never stayed at the Grand Californian so it will be SO great to be one of the first to stay in the villas! Yay!!

JPL
07-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Can't wait to hear your thoughts because I am thinking of heading there next summer :mickey:

DVC2004
07-08-2009, 08:36 AM
We've stayed in the hotel several times and it's great- we added on points at the villas! Congrats on getting in! The Villas opening date has been moved up to late September, so everything should be nice and new for you!

ThanxForNoticin
07-09-2009, 12:23 PM
The Villas opening date has been moved up to late September, so everything should be nice and new for you!

I didn't realize they are doing that. Was there an announcement, or is this information from MS when you call about rooms (the members web site still says November)? That's interesting news. We might need to look closer at that now. Thanks.

DVC2004
07-09-2009, 12:24 PM
I didn't realize they are doing that. Was there an announcement, or is this information from MS when you call about rooms (the members web site still says November)? That's interesting news. We might need to look closer at that now. Thanks.

I'll send you a PM. :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
07-09-2009, 12:29 PM
I'll send you a PM. :mickey:

Thank you.

Ed
07-10-2009, 12:41 PM
We bought into Grand Cali yesterday at an even held at Bay Lake Tower. Too good a deal to turn down. Our guide told us to look for a late September opening.