View Full Version : JPL's June 19th-26th Trip Day 2 Part 1

JPL
07-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Cast of Characters
Me
Mary: My Cousin
TJ & JP: 4 year old Twin Boys

June 20th Part 1

We got up early and realized TJ still wasn't exactly feeling that good but we pushed on and decided there wasn't much we could do any way. We hoped a bus to the MK and then walked over to Chef Mickey's. We arrived at Chef Mickey's and I checked in while my cousin went off to pick up some autograph books for the boys. The buzzer went off and we got ready for our picture. I was very disappointed and a bit annoyed with the photographer when I asked if he could take a picture with my camera and very rudely told me No! There is a line! There were exactly 2 families behind us in line and they had just arrived as I was asking him. I complained to the manager about the rude photographer and again to the person coming around selling the $32 picture package later which we did not buy. Breakfast was very medicore at best. The food quality and variety has droopped quite a bit since the last time I was at Chef Mickey's. The character interaction with the kids was the main reason we were there and they had a great time getting their pictures and autographs. Needless to say later when we about ready to leave someone finally came over to us and asked about the photographer and apologized for his actions. I mean even my cousin who has little Disney experience was shocked at how rude his reply was. We were offered an oppurtunity to wait in what was now a long line of families and have our picture taken again but we declined. After we finished breakfast we hopped a monorail for the MK. When we arrived at the MK and realized TJ still hadn't really eaten much, we rented a double stroller for the day. As we started up Main Street the kids were very excited and were treated to the Trolley Show on Main St. It was already starting to get hot out and we realized it was time for some water and grabbed a few bottles as we arrived just in time for the start of Dream Along with Mickey at the Castle stage. We watched the show and the kids were really enjoying it before we headed over to Tomorrowland. We decided to take it easy since TJ wasn't feeling well and Stitch's Supersonic Celebration was about to start and the boys wanted to see Stitch. The show started and was very underwhelming and it's really no surprise it closed. After about 10 minutes of the show JP came over to me and said this is stupid can we leave now. No arguements from me and we said where do you want to go and he said the rocket ships but the line was about 40 minutes long so we opted for Buzz instead. After helping Buzz defeat Zurg we took a spin on the Speedway. Well after the Speedway TJ had had it, he needed to rest. We walked up Main St and caught the Move it Shake it Clebrate Street Party heading up to the hub. We watched that and JP said he wanted to stay and not go back to the room. We verified the that he wanted to stay and my cousin left with TJ to go take a nap back at the room. As we waved goodbye to my cousin and TJ we decided to head over to Adventureland.

To be continued

Kathy Jetson
07-07-2009, 10:48 PM
I can't wait to hear more!

yjgirl32
07-08-2009, 08:19 AM
SO sorry to hear about TJ not feeling weel. My Ds3 was sick when we went the last time and its so unfortunate. I hope he gets better before the end of the trip. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff
07-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the report.
Too bad about the photographer at Chef Mickeys!

hardingella
07-08-2009, 01:53 PM
I hope TJ feels better soon. Kids have a way of bouncing back real quick:)

BluewaterBrad
07-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Keep em coming Jeff!!:mickey:

JPL
07-08-2009, 03:57 PM
I am taking a day off from reporting hoping to get some more pictures processed and up :mickey:

vizsla
07-09-2009, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the report.

Patricia
07-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Aww, poor little TJ. :(

I always feel bad when kids get sick at WDW. I'm sure the high temperatures were not helping him.

I can't wait to hear what you and JP did.. :mickey:

faline
07-10-2009, 05:16 PM
It's beginning to sound like TJ needs a do-over! Hopefully, he's feeling better soon!

princessgirls
07-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Sorry you had a sick child. That is hard on vacation.

Thanks for the great report!
Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
07-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Mackflava99
07-27-2009, 05:02 PM
terrific report

NJGIRL
08-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Again I have to agree with you on Chef Mickey's. We have been there at least 4 times for breakfast and always enjoyed our meal but last Oct when we went while it wasn't bad I thought it was just OK. It just wasn't up to stanard IMO.