PDA

View Full Version : Offroad Segways!!

mdricks
07-07-2009, 08:06 PM
I’ve done the epcot tour and am now thinking of the off road tour. Anybody done it? Comparisons to the Epcot tour would be most welcome.

dragon73
07-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Hi!
My husband and I did the offroad Segway tour back in December of 2007. I'd have to say that after we did the Epcot version (in Feb. of 07), we were highly disappointed.

The scenery was beautiful, but it didn't have enough variation in it. It was basically just riding the trails through Fort Wilderness for a good hour and a half with a brief tour through the pool area of Wilderness Lodge. The vibration of the offroad tires over the uneven terrain caused both of our legs and feet to alternate between being numb, and tickling. I was honestly happy when the tour ended and we could go back to walking (quite the opposite of how we felt after Epcot as it felt strange/disappointing to have to walk after that one). I know that I sound like an 80 year old woman complaining about it, but we were 33 at the time - LOL!

In closing - I'm glad we experienced it, but it only made us want to do the Epcot tour again because it was far superior... But, you'll have to make up your own opinion and everyone is different...

mdricks
07-11-2009, 08:09 AM
That’s what I need to hear. I loved the Epcot tour and it doesn’t hurt that you can slip into the Rose and Crown for black and tan rights after you’re done! We will have two firstimers and I think Epcot is the way to go.

Thanks again
:number1: