PDA

View Full Version : Off-site stroller rental experience????

rjmdds
07-07-2009, 05:54 PM
I hate to bring up another stroller topic around here..but....does anyone have any experience with an Orlando-based stroller rental company that delivers and picks up from the resort? I found one onlinebut was wondering if my Intercot brethren have had +/- experiences with them. I am looking into renting a double from them. With the increased prices of the park strollers, this option seems most practical for our needs. Can anyone tell me of their experiences with the off-site company?

dad4wdwfun
07-14-2009, 11:47 AM
This past Feb we use Orlando Rentals. We rented the orange one (Citywalk) I think. Anyway they were teriffic! It was at the hotel when we arrived and just left it with the front desk when we left. I was very sturdy and folded quit small. It was cheaper that WDW strollers also. I would highly recommend them..

rjmdds
07-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks. I'm glad to hear it. I am leaning toward going with them. It really makes all of the sense in the world. i am surprised more people don't do this based on the increase in rental fees at the World.

dad4wdwfun
07-14-2009, 12:54 PM
We plan on using them again.

kcrc
07-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Not sure how long you are staying, but there was a $50 minimum for the one we were looking at. So, just make sure you still come out ahead.

BigThunderFan
11-04-2009, 05:47 PM
I hate to bump an old post, but I have been searching for this exact question. We were looking at using this same company. It may cost $80, but after paying Disney prices for a week for a double we are still coming out way ahead.

Has anyone ever used their sit/stand type stroller? Do you let them know what time you will be arriving so it will be there at the resort when you get in? Do the strollers have drink holders on the handles?

Thanks in advance!

green ranger
11-04-2009, 08:01 PM
I highly recommend them. They were fantastic!

Disneyfirsttimer
11-05-2009, 10:34 AM
I would love to use one of the offsite stroller rental companies, but our only concern is lugging it on and off the bus. The nice thing about the Disney strollers is that they stay in the parks. Has anyone found an issue with folding these and carrying on the busses?

Karyn

Sashacrab
11-05-2009, 11:02 PM
We used Orlando Rentals orange double city walk stroller last June. We stayed offsite and it was there when we arrived and we left it at the front desk when we left. I choked at the increase in price of the Disney strollers and reserved this stroller last minute. We were very glad we did. Disney's new strollers are smaller and this one is nice, big, and has great shade. We did have trouble closing it the first time we boarded the tram, but once we figured it out, we had no problems.

DisneyRN
11-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Has anyone ever called once they got there and had one delivered? I am debating on renting, since DD loathes walking...a trip to Walmart causes complaints.

But, she is seven, and it is time she sucked it up...for lack of a better term! :blush:

Should I pre-rent before the trip or see how DD does? I would love to save money if she does all right.