View Full Version : 1st WDW Trip w/ my 1yr old-Day 4

Pooshu11
07-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Timeframe: 6/29/09-7/3/09
Resort: Beach Club Resort

Me (33yrs old)
DH (33yrs old)
DS (16 months old)

Day 4-When I woke up about 9ish, it looked cloudy but no rain. I was determined to get some pool time in so I waited for DS to awake, which was not long after I woke up and then woke DH. Went down to the gift shop to pick up cereal and a banana for DS and off to the pool. At the pool, the sun started to peer out here and there and we saw patches of blue through the clouds so I was pretty happy. But maybe an 1hr and 1/2 after being there, the clouds started to form again and there was a rumble in the sky heard by the lifeguards who kicked us all out of the pool :(. We decided to go to Downtown Disney to do some shopping. It was almost noon at that point and decided to have lunch at the Earl of Sandwich. We've had the original (roast beef, horseraddish sauce and cheese) before and love it so we were excited to have it again. It was good as always! After lunch, we took DS to the fountain area in front of the sandwich shop. He was running around in the fountains having a great time! But he got scared and stopped in his tracks when the water came up from the floor. Once he got soaked, that was it for him-he didn't want anything to do w/ the fountain anymore. We changed him and took him into Once Upon a Toy. He was running around having a great time in there, while DH and I ran after him to make sure he wasn't touching every merchandise. At this point, the sun came out and it became hot once again, so we decided to go back to the pool for another swim. At the pool, we sat DS on the sand to see if he'll go for it this time, which he did. And he loved it so much that he played there for a long time. They have communal shovels and buckets that the kids can use. If there are none on the sand, ask the lifeguard and he/she will point you to a chest located to the left of their chair. They have like a million buckets and shovels stashed in there! Apparently the kids meal comes w/ the bucket and shovel and so the kids play w/ them and leave them. We spent a long time at the sand pool, letting DS play with sand. There are many things I've learned about DS on this trip and one of them is the fact that he has lots of patience and concentration when it comes to something he really likes. He can spend hours playing and fiddling w/ stuff. So throughout our trip, you'll notice that we spend good chunks of time in one area, as we are letting DS play and explore. Like I said before, DS rules, so we go with the flow ;). After the pool, we went to our room to let DS take a nap and to have a little relaxation time for us. We had reservations at Raglan Road at 5pm today (yikes!) so we hung around the room until 4:30pm and we headed out.

DS was still tired so he stayed asleep when we put him in his stroller once we got to DD. We got to RR, was seated, ordered our drinks and dinner-Irish Beer for DH, coke for me. For appetizer, we ordered fried scallops w/ lime dipping sauce (my obsession w/ limes knows no limits). I ordered my usual, not bleeding chowder and DH ordered his usual, shepheard's pie. This is our 3rd time at RR. We love it here-the food, aptmosphere, decor and entertainment. I personally think RR is underrated, but that's good w/ us since we can get reservations very easily here. Our waiter was spectacular, as with all of the waitstaff we've encountered so far. DS slept through drinks and appetizers which let us enjoy that quiet moment. But he awoke shortly after dinner came out. That was okay b/c we wanted to feed him anyway. DS loves potatoes and loved the potatoes he got from DH's dish and the potatoes he got from mine. He loved the irish soda bread also, but we didn't give him the dipping sauce (olive oil and guiness beer, carmelized-very tasty!) After dinner, we decided to get some ice cream from Ghiradelli's. I try to get ice cream here everytime I visit DW and try to make it a tradition, eventhough DH is not too crazy about ice cream! DS loved it and covered himself in ice cream. I enjoyed it myself. After that we decided to do some shopping. As we were walking towards world of disney, we saw the carousel. DS kept pointing at it, so we assumed he wanted to go on it and paid $2 to get on. It's so funny how he can get on a carousel as many times he wants at MK for free but he likes this one better! He was smiling and having a great time on it! These are the moments I will cherish-teared me up a bit to realize how much he has grown, and will continue to grow...So after the ride we finally got to WOD for some shopping. DH stayed w/ DS while I picked up some items-a mug for DH w/ the Nemo seagulls on it saying "Mine! Mine!", 3 containers of cotton candy for my mom (she LOVES cotton candy!) and a Mickey T-shirt for DS. We have the Disney Visa card but used a different card to charge stuff on the room key. We got a discount nevertheless just by showing our disney visa card and saved $6.50 on our purchase. WOD is the only place they do this? I wonder if there are other places where they discount you for using the Disney visa card...

We left DD and headed back to our resort, parked our car and rode the friendship to DHS. It was raining a little at this point so the plastic cover for the stroller came out and so did my poncho. That didn't last too long though, it stopped raining when we got to HS. Once we got through the gates, we went straight to Playhouse Disney to find it closed. However, the CM told us that there will be a dance party 30 mins from now. We were so excited about this b/c I've heard so much great stuff from my fellow intercot members, so we waited in the animation area until 9pm. DS was having a ball as usual, running around, swinging the queue chains, saying hello to everyone and going up and down the ramp. I saw an ad for toy story 3 coming next year and became very excited! I bet this is old news for people on intercot! Anyway, 9pm came and we went into playhouse disney. we got DS a balloon and let him run wild! He was shy at first but got into the groove fairly quickly and was dancing up a storm. He saw Golliath and ran towards him, unafraid. Golliath knelt down and let DS touch his paw-very cute! Then DS went all the way to the front, danced with some kids his age and also danced w/ one of the pretty ladies on the steps. He had such a great time there. I recommend this attraction to anyone w/ kids. It's real fun. Even the adults were having a great time! Almost like a PG Pleasure Island, not that Pleasure Island was ever risque or anything! After the dance party we decided to check out how the line was for Toy Story Mania. It said 50 mins so we decided to brave it. Turned out to be 60-65 mins, and the longest we've waited for a ride this trip. DS was fidgety but we knew we would never ride this if we didn't get on line now, and even w/ a FP, you would have to wait this long for this ride. Once we got on, we put DS in the middle. He enjoyed the glasses but didn't know what was going on when we got to the targets. And I didn't realize how much those cars spin around! Good thing he was sitting between us! But that ride is soo much fun! One of my favs, definitely! After the ride, we decided to get DS something to eat, since we figured he was hungry-he didn't eat much at dinner. So we got him what else, chicken nuggets! He was hungry. He ate the fries, nuggets, apple sauce and juice very well. After he ate, DS got cranky so we decided to leave the park. We waited about 15 mins for the friendship to come. By the time it came, the line was very long. But luckily for the people waiting, a 2nd friendship came along seconds after the 1st one. We got off the boat and went back to our room where DH fell asleep right next to DS. I on the other hand was planning and packing stuff to bring along w/ us tomorrow so I wouldn't have to do all of that when I wake up. We had a real long day today, with 2 visits to the pool, 2 visits to DD and EMH at DHS. But as usual a fun day. Tomorrow is our last full day at DW. So sad!

aprilisis
07-07-2009, 06:56 PM
I just wanted to tell you that I'm really enjoying your trip report. Thanks for taking the time to write it!

vizsla
07-08-2009, 05:29 AM
Thanks for the report.

yjgirl32
07-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Good report. Thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
07-08-2009, 09:37 AM
wow what a busy day!!! sounds like you had a great day though! :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
07-08-2009, 04:23 PM
:thumbsup::mickey:

artyboy
07-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the report!

faline
07-10-2009, 05:31 PM
I've not been to Raglan Road but greatly enjoyed that site when it was the Jazz Club!

What a great time you and your family are having! Sounds like your son's introduction to Disney World is a success!

WDW24
07-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Nice report! Keep sharing! :mickey:

LauraByTheSea
07-11-2009, 12:27 PM
First trip report I've ever read... Very nice!

January-2007
07-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Thanks for reporting! :mickey:

pdrlkr
07-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

brian2000boston
07-21-2009, 04:36 PM
thanks again for sharing. :mickey: