PDA

View Full Version : Is disney quest worth it?

edhunter28
07-07-2009, 04:58 PM
I was wondering about going to disney quest on my next trip.I would like some feedback on whether its good or not.

pandkx3
07-07-2009, 05:10 PM
It is a must do for the boys (my husband included!) in our family. They love it....I do not. It's just ok for me. It loud and can get crowded. That being said, our last trip in June, the guys went twice. I did go once and the other time, I just went shopping in DTD. It was quite a nice day:mickey:

SBETigg
07-07-2009, 06:11 PM
I don't think it is. My kids are into games and they hated it.

Live4WDW
07-07-2009, 06:15 PM
:mickey: It is a sure thing for my wife and I. It has a huge amount of arcade games, especially from the 70's and 80's that you cannot find anymore. I cant tell you how long it has been since I had played Moon Patrol, or asteroids just to name a few. Lots of new stuff too, good places to eat inside and some great desserts too. My wife and I can easily spend half a day in there, even longer. Go, relive the past, and play with the future too. Have some great fun!!:mickey:

mejsimon
07-07-2009, 09:24 PM
We have gone to Disney Quest at various points. This most recent trip (last month) I wish we had ventured earlier than the last day as both my son (age 10) and his best friend LOVED Disney Quest. They really loved the rollercoaster designing...:number1:

KatrinaJ91
07-07-2009, 10:38 PM
We went once and probably will never do it again. We had an ok time. We like playing all the games and enjoyed everything, but did not think it was worth the $$ at all. I would say do it once, especially if you like arcades.

DigitalDaredevil
07-09-2009, 06:23 AM
I am a big arcade fan. I actually have half of the machines in the Retrozone.
DisneyQuest is worth it for kids, or of you are going in using your multi day pass with the fun add-ons.
If I had to pay to get in, I wouldn't be as satisfied. Many of the older games have issues in their controls, video settings, or even just working period. The cabinets are in very good shape for the 70's 80's games. The newer games all seemed to work quite well. They could use some new ideas/different technologies to make the place more exciting, but it's not a bad place to spend a few hours. the kids love it. Adults will feel confident that the kids are having fun and are pretty safe.

WDWCrazyKaren
07-09-2009, 08:50 AM
DH and I went last year and he loved it. I had fun with some of the "retro" games, but he's a beast on those machines! He's an admitted "arcadeaholic". We're bringing his son for his first trip in September who is 15, and I'm afraid he won't want to leave. DD12 and I will probably head to one of the water parks while the boys spend their time at DQ. If you have a teenage boy, it's probably worth it. I wouldn't go otherwise (unless you have some "options" that need burning up).

bruin1344
07-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Went in 2005 and it wasn't my cup of tea. I am not a gamer.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
07-10-2009, 12:37 PM
We LOVE DQ! It is a MUST for us and I(DIane), have to go almost everyday while we are at WDW! It is a nice break from the "hustle & bustle". We love to go here too when it is raining. You always find someone nice to visit and laugh with too. The Cheesecake Factory is a really nice bonus and you can go and sit and check your email too!

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

tjstrike
07-21-2009, 03:05 AM
If you've never tried it, it's worth at least one trip, for the parents they have the retro games as mentioned in a previous post that you can't find anymore, there's also a pirates ride / game that is awesome, reminds me of the way they made TSM. (3D). There's also a x-men virtual reality game that's really cool !! :thumbsup:

joonyer
07-21-2009, 11:47 AM
If you get the water parks and more option on your passes, it includes visits to DQ and so you could visit DQ for one of those visits to see if it was worth it for you, without having to pay any more for admission just to DQ (assuming you are going to visit the waterparks anyway. That's what we did the first time we went there and my boys loved DQ. We visit at least once every trip.

Mousemates
07-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Its definitely worth it to go once...but the law of diminishing returns seems to be heavily enforced here....we loved it the first time, thought it was only ok the second time, and only stayed a little while the last time we went (we got bored and tired of waiting)....it will need a major refurb with some new high-end games to get us to go back.

wire0monkey
07-24-2009, 12:10 PM
I don't think it is. My kids are into games and they hated it.

We're really into games at our house, too, and we really thought DisneyQuest was a waste of time.

Pigtunia
07-25-2009, 11:58 AM
We always go.

It depends on who you are. If you've got multiple home gaming systems, the kids might not like it, but for gaming/arcade traditionalists it's a lot of fun.

I especially like the VR adventures: the Alien Encounter, Pirates of the Carribbean, Jungle Cruise, Virtual Space Mountain.

And...as has been said, the "retro games" are treasures for the ... ummm... older *kids*.;)

marlaine
07-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Does anyone know if there are any Mario games? How about Pac Man?

Pigtunia
07-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Yes, on the top floor. Also, there's Ms. Pac Man, as well as Dig Dug, Burger Time, Missile Command, and Centipede!

DisneyFanaticDargon
07-26-2009, 08:34 AM
I'm sure the games were cutting edge when it opened, but graphically they're REALLY showing their age and need to be updated. The roller coaster one is a nice idea but poorly implemented. They could do a lot with this, but I'm sure it's incredibly low on the priorities list.

Pop Centurion
07-26-2009, 09:09 PM
It's definitely worth doing if you've never been there. Even if you're not into the arcade games, the interactive stuff is really cool. We love the Cyber Space Mountain. You build your own virtual track then ride it in a simulator. All the loops and barrel rolls are fun.
Then the Pirates of the Caribbean Battle for Buccaneer Gold, Buzz Lightyear's AstroBlast & Virtual Jungle Cruise are a blast.

http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/downtowndisney/westside/default.asp#DQ

piglet,pooh,and goofy2
07-27-2009, 11:08 PM
We had the waterpark fun and more tickets. We opted to go to Disney Quest one night last week and it was "Buy one, get one free ticket night". (Great for those who didn't have tickets.) It made it crowded though. My 7 year old could hardly get on a game. Would only go back on an off season trip.----------Kim
:piglet: :pooh: :goofy:

RBrooksC
08-06-2009, 08:49 AM
When my wife and I went to Disney in 2004 for our Honeymoon, it was right after Labor Day and everything was empty. So we tried DisneyQuest. I will say up-front we enjoyed ourselves. However, that doesn't mean it was a great place.

The virtual reality helmets for their medieval game were heavy due to the nature of the product so it wasn't comfortable, couple that with the nausea it can cause makes it less than enjoyable.

The Space Ranger Blaster game can be fun but I found that is more exciting in description that in execution. The things were hard to control and the aiming of the balls was spotty at best.

The pinball game was fun. And so were being to play the arcade and midway games. I do enjoy skee ball.

The Pirates game was fantastic and looked good back in 2004. I am sure now it doesn't look nearly as wonderful. The Jungle Cruise was so-so. The concept again was good but the execution was spotty.

I LOVED Cyber-Space Mountain and I don't agree that it was not well-conceived. I thought that was the best attraction there. However, be aware that if you make a level 5 coaster, you will feel ill after riding it. I made two of them. The first one, was either a level 3 or level 4. It was fun if not a little nauseating. Level 5 was awful. I had fun until what I created left my upside down for an extended period. My wife said it looked like I turned green and the smile left my face.

Would I go back again? I am not sure. I think there are plenty of other things to do that are less expensive and more fun. But going once I think is very enjoyable.

vws_and_disney
08-07-2009, 04:04 PM
It's fun but since it's in downtown disney you sometimes get a pushy local crowd down there. Virtual space mountain is fun, and you have to let someone in your party who isnt going to be doing the simulator to make it. we did this three times and it was a blast.:thumbsup:

sleepycoconut
08-09-2009, 12:27 PM
We have never been and are considering it for our trip next June. We are debating whether or not to add the Water Parks & More option.

Once inside DQ is there an additional charge for the games?

Giggy
08-09-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm fairly sure there aren't extra charges once you get in for games. There definitely isn't for the main attractions and i think for the arcade games you just press the button and it starts.

I like Disney Quest, we get the Water Parks & More option anyway as we like the water parks so it's worth a visit. We don't spend a full day there, normally just an evening after finishing somewhere like a water park.

Cyberspace Mountain is a nice touch and we normally compete to make the scariest roller coaster. My personal favourite however has to be Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for Buccaneer Gold. This is a simulator where your party are pirates on a ship fighting other boats to steal gold. It's a fun game for a family to work together on. :mickey: