PDA

View Full Version : Sept free dining periord crowds Vs Mid to Late Oct crowds

MuchLovedMama
07-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Well, we were planning a trip for Sept 2010 hoping for free dining again. We did this last September & really enjoyed it.

Yesterday I got a pin code in the mail for free dining 10/2-11/24 or 11/29-12/17. I know that I've heard that since the free dining has started being offered that the September crowds have grown quite a bit & I could certainly tell when I compared Sept 2000 to Sept 2008.

I know Sept is still considered the Value season & Oct is considered Regular season but I was curious if the crowds might be about the same or a little less if I go in October seeing as how the free dining offer open to the public for September will be over by this time. Any thoughts on September crowds vs Mid to late October crowds?

Thanks in advance!

Disney Doll
07-07-2009, 05:24 PM
We're about to embark on our 1st September trip so I can't compare yet, but we loved October last year. Perfect weather, MNSSHP, F&WF, and the crowds didn't seem bad at all. It was a little more crowded than what we were used to seeing in Jan/early Feb which had been our usual months, but it was certainly not overly crowded. I'd do October again in a heat beat if it wasn't such a difficult month for DH at work.

It'sWDW4me
07-07-2009, 05:25 PM
I would imagine that the weather would be a little nicer in October, the crowds about the same, but the dining availability would probably be oh so much easier to get the ADR's you want in October! :mickey:

Rekenna
07-08-2009, 11:53 AM
If you don't mind me asking when/how did you get this PIN code? We are going in late October and can't wait. I called WDW just to see if the PIN was also attached to my name-but, alas no such luck!

We have been in September and October. Both were very nice, plenty of people-not overwhelming, easy to get on rides, great weather. Our October trip was cooler than our September trip which is the only reason why I would pick October over September.

Have fun!

MuchLovedMama
07-08-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm not positive how I got the code which I guess nobody really knows but we did move about a month and a half ago & in hopes of getting a pin code I logged into the Disney website & changed the address that they had on file. About a week later guess what came in the mail... :thumbsup:

r4kids
07-08-2009, 01:27 PM
We have received 2 pin codes via email last year:mickey:. Unfortunatley both were for dates just prior or just after our planned trip. We haven't been able to use a pin code yet. I try to take some of the surveys they offer and the kids log in to the site for different things so maybe that has an affect.

BIGDOG
07-08-2009, 04:05 PM
what was the offer for the 1st week in dec??? that would be the best time to go parks are all decorated and slow crowds and cool temps

djdisney
07-08-2009, 10:56 PM
OP-did they have any Sept dates listed? Just wondering if based on those dates if free dining is going to be offered in Sept

Mitzie
07-11-2009, 08:58 AM
We also received a flyer in the mail with a pin code for free dining. Was able to apply it to our split stay for Dec. 5-11. So it got attached to AKL and the CRB stay. With our savings for free dining...DH booked just the two of us for three nights at CRS Oct. 2-5 and we also got the free dining. I am not sure if the CRS stay was our pin code or just general public.

MuchLovedMama
07-15-2009, 11:47 AM
OP-did they have any Sept dates listed? Just wondering if based on those dates if free dining is going to be offered in Sept

Yes, the same dates were listed for this deal as is being offered to the general public. These deals are for 2009 not 2010. The way your question is posted made me think maybe I didn't word my OP clearly & maybe you thought I meant 2010. Sorry for the confusion.