PDA

View Full Version : Which resorts have Cribs???

Imagineer1981
07-07-2009, 10:59 AM
So we are staying at Pop in Aug, but thinking about upgrading to a resort that has cribs. Our 18 month old (or will be when we go) would probably prefer a matress in a crib compared to the stiffer pack and play that Pop offers. Any suggestions here????

DizneyRox
07-07-2009, 11:31 AM
I've never seen a real crib, only a pack and play. I stay mostly deluxe accomodations.

MidnTPK
07-07-2009, 11:38 AM
I've never seen a real crib, only a pack and play. I stay mostly deluxe accomodations.Have you ever asked for one?

Emme&TeddysMommy
07-07-2009, 11:42 AM
I know that you can rent cribs off site. We usually use the pack n plays. I bring a crib sheet from home and a double beach towel or soft blanket and place it underneath. It gives extra padding and our little one likes using his sheets because the are softer than the pack n play sheets Disney provides. Not to mention they smell like home;)

MidnTPK
07-07-2009, 11:48 AM
The OP is familiar with Pack-n-Plays...s/he has another thread going where those are discussed.

Anyway, I have the same question as the OP: are regular size cribs available from moderate/deluxe/villa resorts?

I have a toddler that still sleeps in her crib. She's a bit too big for a PnP (95+ percentiles for height and weight), so I'm hoping that cribs are available from the resort, rater than the rental companies.

Madzac
07-07-2009, 12:09 PM
I was told no cribs when we went to WL in May. We rented from A baby's best friend. They had the full size crib and bedding at bell services when we arrived and we were able to put it together quickly. My then 18 mon old slept SO well... he will not sleep in a pack n play. TOTALLY worth it. It was about 80 dollars I week I believe. PM me if you want more info.

Edited to add... the person I talked to at disney said a few of the resorts have a limited number of cribs.. they are first come first serve and you cant reserve them. They are the metal institutional like ones though.

bwk99
07-07-2009, 12:50 PM
I've asked for a crib in 3 different deluxe hotels, and received a pack-n-play everytime..

TammiMcMan
07-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Cribs are like rollaways, each resort has a small number of them and they are only available on a first come, first served basis. As previously mentioned, there are sites that rent them. This will at least guarantee you get what you ask for. A google search should direct you to the website.

momofdisneyprincess
07-07-2009, 01:41 PM
I asked for a crib at BWV and was told they did not have them at all. Only Pack 'N Plays. An option could be bed rails though, depending on your sleeping arrangements. Good luck.

TammiMcMan
07-07-2009, 01:57 PM
I asked for a crib at BWV and was told they did not have them at all.Yes, I believe the villas have different inventory. You can't get rollaways with them either.

TheRustyScupper
07-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Cribs are like rollaways, each resort has a small number of them

1) Yes.
2) ALL resorts have cribs.
3) If they are given out, they can get one from another resort.
4) I can't tell you how many times I went crib-hunting at 2:00am.

javamama
07-08-2009, 12:57 AM
The Poly has them, I've used them for my dd the last two years. The white roll away kind, granted it's a smaller size than her crib at home but she fit fine, and she's 37inches tall. I had no problem getting one, on both trips.

peemagg
07-08-2009, 09:15 PM
We were able to get 2 of them at Saratoga. We just called housekeeping and they brought them up with no problem. They worked great for our 13 month twins.

Imagineer1981
07-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the help, we ended up just renting one for now from one of the off site places, that way no headaches of trying to find one.

Keneva
07-14-2009, 09:40 PM
We requested a crib and received a rollaway type last year at the Poly. They also give us fresh bedding to go with it (two fitted Mickey Mouse sheets). It was a large crib with a nice thick mattress. I noticed a couple others in the hallways as people checked in and out.:thumbsup:

MidnTPK
09-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Just got back from my stay at the BLT.

Full size cribs are available, though housekeeping told us there were only two for the entire tower. We were politely persistent and it arrived about 20 minutes after we requested it.

No bumpers, but it's a sturdy white-metal folding full-size crib, with a light but firm foam mattress, supported by a hard particle board base.