PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed at POR

DisneyLover65
07-07-2009, 10:38 AM
I just returned from my annual trip to Disney for 10 days. We have been staying at POR for 10 years, and never had a problem with requesting a certain building due to medical reasons until this year. I made a call 2 days before I left home and they said my room would be available, because of medical reason for my daughter. When I get there, they have given my room to someone else and not only that put me in the farthest building away, I had to drive my car to the restaurant everytime we went to eat. I know that they cannot guarantee a room , but they could make sure the guests with medical problems are not put in the very back so far away. I have never had such a terrible time in all my days of going to Disney. I have been every year since 1971 with the exception of 5 years. The only thing that was such a disappointment was the POR Resort. Next year I will NOT be staying there. I will stay somewhere else. I will probably go back to Contemporary Resort.

pox24
07-07-2009, 10:48 AM
I am so sorry that you had such a bad experience. I would write a letter to Guest Relations and complain loudly. With times being what they are right now, the last thing WDW wants is an unsatisfied guest. It couldn't hurt.

#1donaldfan
07-07-2009, 12:46 PM
...did you say anything during your stay ??....with staying 10 days, I'm sure they would have been able to move you as people check in and out every day....did you check in later in the day ?? we always check in at the very earliest possible and have, so far, always had our requests honored......complaining to them now seems fruitless and a waste of your time....I wouldn't let that one experience cloud your decision to go back to POR, they seem to us to be top notch.....I am sorry you had to experience this :(

TammiMcMan
07-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Just a few questions to help clarify. Did you make the request through CRO and when you called back to verify, did you call the resort number directly?

If yes to either of the above questions, here's some info that may help you in the future:

1. Always call the special services line (found in the "guest with disabilities" link on the Disney website). They are the only ones who can block a room, meaning that the system can't be overridden and the room given away.

2. Disney utilizes a call answering service. Even dialing the resorts main number won't get you through to them. Most likely, your call is answered by someone in Utah who will look up your reservation to make sure the request was noted. Always best to go through special services for medical need situations.

As others have mentioned, did you try to deal with the situation when you arrived? For example, asking to speak with the manager or being given a priority to move within the next day or two.

DisneyLover65
07-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Yes I Called the Resort Directly as I always had in the past. And yes I talked to the manager about another room. I arrived on Friday Morning around 7 am. and they finally moved me on Tuesday, which was to long of a time span, because I do know that people come and go everyday, but no one seem to put my request first. I know that some rooms were vacant and they could of reserve that room for us. My sister came in on Sunday and they got a better room than we did, so I know they could have done it quicker than they did.

TammiMcMan
07-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Then unfortunately, you probably only spoke with a call center person and not anyone at the resort.

I know it doesn't help now, but I strongly suggest going through special services for your next vacation to Disney. As I mentioned above, they are the only ones authorized to block a room, so that it can't be given away.

BluewaterBrad
07-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Sorry to hear that!:mickey: