PDA

View Full Version : September New England Meet!

grego77
07-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm coming HOME from Korea the beginning of September, and I would LOVE to host a meet! I already heard from a few people that the below date would work, so let's shoot for the details below!

The meet WILL BE:

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 12TH
11:30 AM
Solomon Pond Mall, Marlboro, MA
The Disney Store :cool:
601 Donald Lynch Blvd.
Marlborough, MA 01752
Lunch at Olive Garden (across the street) after The Disney Store :D

There WILL be another Yankee Swap and possibly more fun as well! :party:

Attending:
GREG (grego77)

I'm REALLY looking forward to another great meet! Please post with tentative "YES" or "NO". I will take final counts closer to the actual date. Please PM with any questions! Hope to see many of you in August. :party:

Greg :mickey:

poohspal
07-07-2009, 10:59 AM
I think I can make it. it sounds like fun. This will be my first Intercot meet.

thanks
Liz

TiggerD
07-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Sounds like fun and would love to join in, but I will be in Disney World... Have a wonderful meet:mickey:

grego77
07-09-2009, 09:27 PM
I think I can make it. it sounds like fun. This will be my first Intercot meet.

thanks
Liz

Hey Liz,
Looking forward to meeting you! :party:

Greg:mickey:

grego77
07-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Sounds like fun and would love to join in, but I will be in Disney World... Have a wonderful meet:mickey:
No better excuse than that! Have a great time...!:thumbsup:

DWHUBBY
07-11-2009, 09:51 AM
That date is open for us at the moment. I have planned on going to the previous meets but something always ended up coming up at the last minute. Maybe this time will be different. We will be fresh off a WDW trip (Aug 14-24). Put us in as a group of 4 (myself, DW, DS & DD).

grego77
07-11-2009, 10:30 PM
That date is open for us at the moment. I have planned on going to the previous meets but something always ended up coming up at the last minute. Maybe this time will be different. We will be fresh off a WDW trip (Aug 14-24). Put us in as a group of 4 (myself, DW, DS & DD).
Looking forward to finally meeting you and your family! :mickey:

poohspal
07-12-2009, 03:11 PM
I am really excited about meeting you - Greg, John , and your family.

Liz

aprilisis
07-13-2009, 07:58 AM
I'm 99.9% positive I will be there. :mickey: I'm looking forward to it.

smiles_rock
07-13-2009, 11:10 AM
I'll be there! Can't wait to see everyone!

grego77
07-14-2009, 11:02 AM
SOOO happy we already have a good group of people coming! YAY! :mickey:

Tinabelle829
07-23-2009, 09:22 PM
I should have no problem with that day. Can't wait to see everyone!

SBETigg
07-23-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm going to have to say no again. That's a busy week here. If it works out that I can make it after all, I will let you know (and fingers crossed, it sounds so fun!).

grego77
08-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Updated attending list:

GREG (grego77) - 2
LIZ (poohspal) - 1?
JOHN (DWHUBBY) - 4
APRIL (aprilisis) - 1
LAURIE (smiles_rock) 1
TINA (Tinabelle829) - 1

Looking good!!!! :thumbsup:

grego77
08-12-2009, 11:01 AM
One more month till the meet!:cloud9:

Any other takers? I will be sending out PMs to people who gave a "YES" with more info at the beginning of the month.

Can't wait!! :mickey:

AdventurelandTikiGirl
08-12-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm coming :thumbsup:

grego77
08-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Updated attending list:

GREG (grego77) - 2
LIZ (poohspal) - 1?
JOHN (DWHUBBY) - 4
APRIL (aprilisis) - 1
LAURIE (smiles_rock) 1
TINA (Tinabelle829) - 1
RACHEL (Redheadwriter) - 1
MOLLY (AdventurelandTikiGirl) - 1

Sept can't come soon enough! :party:

grego77
08-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Hey all,

I will send out PMs to all "YES" people come the beginning of September (I will be back in MA on the 30th!). Start to think about your Yankee Swap gifts!!:party:

If there are still people who want to join, please let me know!!:mickey:

poohspal
08-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Hi Greg!

I am still in. I can't wait! I was wondering if there is a maximum price for the Yankee Swap gifts?

Thanks, and see you soon

Liz

grego77
09-02-2009, 05:57 AM
Hey again all,

Yankee Swap gifts should be no more than $5.

I have currently 12 people signed up for the meet next Saturday. That's GREAT!!! This is a LAST CALL for anyone else to join!!!

I will be PMing out my cell phone and other details this weekend.

The plan will be to meet at Olive Garden FIRST at 11:30, eat/chat:cool:, and do the Yankee Swap, THEN caravan to the mall (which is right across the street) to the Disney Store afterwards. We can peruse the store to our heart's content! Usually we are in the restaurant for around 2 hours or so, then lesiurely wandering to the Disney Store, so for time junkies, expect to be in Marlboro till 3ish.:party:

One last time important information:

SATURDAY, SEPT 12
11:30 AM
Solomon Pond Mall, Marlboro, MA
601 Donald Lynch Blvd.
Marlborough, MA 01752
Lunch at Olive Garden (before the mall on your right)
The Disney Store (in the mall) following lunch

Please post/PM me if you have any more questions or concerns. Again, LAST CALL...LAST CALL for the meet!:D

TikiGoddess
09-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Hi Greg!

I just found this thread -- unfortunately the girls start dance lessons that weekend, so I'm stuck in CT.

Have a good time everyone!
Kathy

DWHUBBY
09-04-2009, 07:13 AM
Hey everyone,

I hate to be a killjoy, but I have to back out of the meet as both of my lids have soccer games that day. They decided last minute to sign up for soccer. When I signed up for the meet, they had no plans for the fall sports season. I was so looking forward to this meet, I love meeting other Disney fanatics! Sorry, all, but have a great time. Maybe we can make the next one.

RedheadWriter
09-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Hi Greg and all NE friends

I have to let you all know that my Rhode Island Romance Writers meeting was moved from the holiday weekend to next Saturday. Our mtg starts at 1130 and it is very doubtful I am going to be out in time to even meet at the Disney Store.. :(:(:(:(

Sorry :(

grego77
09-06-2009, 07:13 AM
hey guys,

Sorry some of you can't make it! We'll miss you! For those that are still coming, I have a tally of roughly 7, which is still great! :mickey:

What I will do, for others who couldn't attend this meet, is to preliminarily plan for another meet in either Oct or November, so we can have a big group together then. As I look at my calendar, I see the weekend of the 10th-11th of October open for me. November is pretty open altogether. Could those of you not able to attend please post when you can so that at the meet, we can colaberatively decide on a date that would work for everyone. As a side-note, I do plan on going back to Korea in early January, so I would love to have a meet either in Oct/Nov as the "Fall NE Meet" and a "Holiday NE Meet/say goodbye to Greg Meet" in December. :party::party:

Amy, Ashley, John, Rachel, Kathy, and all the others, please post or PM me dates that would work for you for the next meet! :party:

Lastly, for everyone coming, I will PM you either today or tomorrow with final meet information. Less than a week to go! :cloud9:

MinnieMommie
09-06-2009, 08:35 AM
Hey Greg,

Good to know you are back in the states and well! I can't make the October date - it is DDs family weekend at school. Thanksgiving through the holidays are messy for me this year and then we leave for WDW on January 1st. Right now early November looks best. I hope I will be able to attend and hear about your October trip.

:mickey:

grego77
09-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Amy , early November should work. Let's roughly plan for Nov 7 or 8. We'll discuss at the meet on Saturday. :thumbsup:

A message was sent to everyone coming to the meet this Saturday. Only 2 days away! Can't wait!!! :D

MinnieMommie
09-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Hey Greg - I will be in Boston the weekend before the 7th so the weekend after the 7th would be better (unless you schedule the November Meet in CT in which case I am definitely in!). Let me know how the conversation at this weekend's meet goes. Tell everyone hi for me! :mickey:

grego77
09-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Hey all,

The meet went perfectly! We had a great time! I will post the picture ASAP. Now to housekeeping items.
We discussed at the meet and preliminarily decided to have a large Fall November NE meet, followed by a smaller Winter December NE meet (based on the fact that most likely less people will be able to attend due to the holiday season).
We are planning on having the meets in MA, but for the November meet, we are thinking of going to Perriwinkles for a lunch at 12pm*ish* (no Disney Store in the area), which is literally minutes from the CT border (easier for the Southern NE folks!). The restaurant is larger and much more accomodating for larger parties (plus the food is terrific and they treat parties really well!) The December meet would be back at Olive Garden in Marlboro (with Disney Store afterwards). Possible dates are as follows...

For November:
Saturday, November 7
Sunday, November 8
Saturday, November 14

For December:
Saturday, December 19
Sunday, December 20

Please post with preferences. Right now, we have a slight preference to Nov 14 and Dec 20. We will make a solid decision come the beginning of next month (roughly), then I'll start a new thread for the meet.

Thanks again to all who attended today. It was a fantastic time! :mickey:

MinnieMommie
09-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Glad to hear the Meet was fun. Can't wait to see the pic! Right now 11/14 looks good but the December dates do not look promising (sorry - I may just have to read about it). Can you tell me what town in MA the November Meet will be in? Thanks :mickey:

grego77
09-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the quick response Amy.:mickey:

The restaurant information is below:
Periwinkles & Giorgio's
917 Southbridge St
Auburn, MA 01501-1324
(508) 832-9705