PDA

View Full Version : Gettting around

jaynefuller
07-06-2009, 05:54 PM
We are staying at the all star music from December 22nd-January 11th.
Although we both drive we were hoping not to as we do not like driving abroad and our two children do not want to either.
Can anyone please advise us as we have never been to disney before so do not know much about getting around. Are there busses that go from Disney to international drive, seaworld etc or do we definatly need to hire a car?

It'sWDW4me
07-06-2009, 06:25 PM
First... :welcome: to Intercot!!!

If you're not comfortable driving, then definitely look into other options as there are quite a few.

1. There are taxi cabs usually hanging around the resort entrance if you'd like to go to SeaWorld/I-drive/Universal/etc. for the day.

2. If you prefer to go in a little more style (usually costs a little more $ as well), you could hire a towncar for the day - Quicksilver Tours is one of Intercot sponsors.

3. If you'd like to have a car for just a few days rather than your whole visit and you feel up to tackling the roads, I believe that there is an Alamo rental desk on Disney property.

Otherwise, Disney transportation will get you anywhere you want to go on property - just make sure that you leave about 45 minutes to an hour to get where you need to be on time.

There is a ton of information available to you here to help you plan your first holiday at DisneyWorld. Have an ablsolutely lovely time!

P.S. Definitely get the "My 1st Visit" buttons - you'll be treated to so many wonderful experiences!

Pirate Granny
07-06-2009, 08:02 PM
I believe there is also a National rental at the Swan or Dolphin...we've turned in cars there and then just walked over to EPCOT...so I'm sure you can rent them (day at a time if needed). We try to use the free transporation and that's always worked for us...we only rent a car when we had to stay a few days off-site before our resort visit. We've always found cabs at each resort if we we tired or the grandchildren needed to get home and we chose not to wait for a bus...never more than $20.
Have a wonderful time...We like All Star Music...
:pirate:

lindique
07-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Mears, which is the company that runs the Magical Express busses from the airport to Disney World, also has shuttles to Sea World, Universal, etc. There is also the Orlando city bus company, Lynx, which leaves from the Ticket and Transportation Center. You might have to change busses, but it can get you to Sea World and International Drive very cheaply. Mears and Lynx both have websites which can answer your questions.

Enjoy your stay in the US!!

LVT
07-08-2009, 09:35 PM
1.Warning, Driving in Florida with a lot of lost tourists is daunting to anyone.
2. The guide books and internet sites are necessary.
3. Maybe you can plan to rent a car for 2 time
periods of a few days each. Practice the route
during low traffic (Sunday morning).
4. It it not as bad as a big city. Have fun. We
love Seaworld and Busch Gardens, but the traffic
stinks.

biodtl
07-09-2009, 08:56 AM
I don't know much about going off-site - since we never do, but I will say that as far as traveling withing WDW, you will have no problems. One of the things we love about WDW is the transportation. It's easy and convenient. Even having to change buses, etc now and then to go from resort to resort is not bad.

We just love being able to immerse ourselves in Disney magic and not have to worry about things like driving and traffic. Plus, we hate driving tired, and we can relax and have a beer at Epcot without worrying.

And if you end up with a late ADR and need to go from one resort to another you can always get a taxi for a minimal cost.