PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Airlines & DME

jwildflower1981
07-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Can I use DME if I am flying Southwest Airlines? I was looking at the Disney website and it listed a couple diffrent airlines, but not SW. :confused:
Thanks for any help!

Strmchsr
07-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Yes. Any airline can use DME. Just attached the yellow luggage tags and DME will pick your bags up and deliver them to your room. All you have to do is get on the bus. Be sure you register for DME, though, more than 10 days before your trip.

The issue with SWA is the return trip. You cannot currently do resort check-in with SWA (except for a currently on-going, but very brief, trial run at Pop Century), but that system is different from DME. Until/unless SWA goes full resort you'll simply need to carry your bags with you onto the DME bus and check in at the hotel. Be sure to check out the DME section in Info Central for more details.

WishingStar2006
07-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Yes, of course you can. All airlines can use DME. What you are probably reading is that Southwest does not have Hotel Check-In for Southwest for your departure flight. At depature you will have to load your luggage onto the DME bus and unload it at the airport and take it to Southwest baggage check-in yourself.

I think they are testing Southwest Hotel Airline check-in at one of the resorts for a limited time...I can't remember which one.

CleveRocks
07-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Pop Century is the resort where SWA is in a test-phase with Resort Airline Check-in.

Cinderella's Lady in Waiting
07-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Pop Century is the resort where SWA is in a test-phase with Resort Airline Check-in.
:number1:We just returned and resort airline check-in was wonderful!!