PDA

View Full Version : what ride goes?

edhunter28
07-06-2009, 01:36 PM
what one ride would you get rid of in all of WDW?

elmjimmlm
07-06-2009, 01:43 PM
ToT...That way my family can't keep on me about not riding it and telling me "just try it once"...I guess if that would work then I would get rid of RnR too...:blush:
Did I mention that I am a :chicken:

edhunter28
07-06-2009, 02:49 PM
me too I chickened out of TOT last minute.I did go on the rock n rollercoaster though.my ride would be the 3 caberellos in epcot. it isnt a good ride.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-06-2009, 03:04 PM
The speedway in MK, such a waste of space for a ride that is so boring!

Granny Jill A
07-06-2009, 03:07 PM

I second that one. I despise it, especially when I'm standing in line with the grandkids, breathing fumes and going deaf.

Stu29573
07-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Sounds Dangerous, although I think it may be going already.

robnadina
07-06-2009, 03:11 PM
It would definately be Stitch. Such a boring attraction.

Belster
07-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Wow, between Sounds Dangerous, Speedway and Stitch...hmmmmm I would say the Speedway. Although, I think we could do without all 3.

Imagineer1981
07-06-2009, 03:20 PM

Agreed, could be the worse attraction of all

It'sWDW4me
07-06-2009, 03:21 PM
For me it's a toss up between Stitch & Sounds Dangerous. As pp stated, it looks like SD is already on the way out so that leaves me with...

most definitely Stitch :ack: - biggest waste of 20 minutes that I'll never get back.

savvychic
07-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Personally, the Speedway, yepp. Heh, the one time we went on it, a car ran out of gas or something, so we ever so literally got stuck sitting, inhaling the fumes. It's nice that it's longer and goes through treed area, so it's better than Six Flag's but... eh! There are SO many better rides they could put in that space. I think that's the purpose of it though, something that's cheap to run and takes up space (without being utterly empty) so they can eventually do something with it.

But, I think that if I were a child, being able to drive a car would be really cool to me... so I can see even the Speedway's value.

Stitch has some value to me. Kids really like Stitch, don't they? And how the big arm guns move is sort of cool. It's not something you need to see more than once, but... eh. (Though- it is always without a line, so that's nice!)

I soooooo wish they kept that original alien one in it though!

Oh, and I actually like that little ride in Mexico. :P You sip a Margarita under the stars, and then hop onto a boat ride and float about... it's a nice way to get out of the sun.

AdventurerKim
07-06-2009, 04:33 PM
I would definitely get rid of Stitch but first I'd get rid of Winnie the Pooh and bring back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Unlike many who have already posted, I love the Tomorrowland Speedway because it's nostalgic for me. I waited for what seemed like forever to ride it (to get tall enough when I was a kid) alone and see if I could go the whole way without hitting the rail beneath the car. Yes, I've done it! I ride it every time we go.

I will never ride RnRC again; once was more than enough, and I'm still psyching myself up to ToT which I will ride one day.

rmsongs
07-06-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm surprised that I have more than one, but here goes: The Speedway, Stitch, Snow White. I have to admit, I have a soft spot for The Speedway, but it does seem like a waste of prime real estate. By the same token, my kids really loved it when they were small, so who am I to say it should go? Stitch just stinks, literally AND figuratively (sp?), and Snow White is incredibly lame by Disney standards. Of course, PPF is lame, too, but it's one of my all-time favorites.:mickey: Guess that's why they make chocolate AND vanilla, right????

mainemajor
07-06-2009, 05:00 PM
While I don't want to open a big can of worms and I know it's not a ride, my choice would be Fantasmic. I would much rather see the Sorcery in the Sky show they used to have there than Fantasmic. It's hot, always crowded and it's a madhouse after the show is over. Just my :twocents:

Stu29573
07-06-2009, 06:07 PM
It would definately be Stitch. Such a boring attraction.

You know, I hadn't been on Stitch and I kind of felt sorry for it because it got bashed so much. Then I went on it a couple of weeks ago with a wide open mind and a desire to like it.

I was disappointed. Very disappointed.

Although it's no Sounds Dangerous, it is a stinker (in more ways than one). Yep, I'd prefer Mission to Mars back. It's gotta go. Sorry, Stitch.

Babyvett
07-06-2009, 06:12 PM
another vote for both stitch and speedway.. i've already told DH that we won't be doing either.. lol much better things to do

Gator
07-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Ellen's Universe of Energy must go. I guess it used to be a good nap ride, but it's hard to sleep with Ellen scraping the chalkboard with her voice and corny jokes.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
07-06-2009, 08:14 PM
I want the old Journey into Imgination back, with the Dreamfinder, and the interactive playground upstairs!

mrsgaribaldi
07-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Wow, between Sounds Dangerous, Speedway and Stitch...hmmmmm I would say the Speedway. Although, I think we could do without all 3.

Same here!!

DVC2004
07-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Ellen's Universe of Energy must go. I guess it used to be a good nap ride, but it's hard to sleep with Ellen scraping the chalkboard with her voice and corny jokes.

I agree. Needs to be redone or go. We all know already- BRAINPOWER!

Darbylew
07-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Stitch at MK
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
NOVEMBER 2009! :mickey::D

PETE FROM NYC
07-06-2009, 11:54 PM
My vote is to 86 the Swiss Family Treehouse.Noyhing but stair climbing to see junk.

ransam
07-07-2009, 12:33 AM
i would say stich...however...that's not really a ride though...
other things that are not rides, but i'd love to get rid of or change...
the indiana jones show..i like it, but it's time to change it.. it's been there so long...
the same w/ the honey i shrunk the audience. I love that show, but it's based on a movie that's over 20 years old!!!! disney can come up w/ something better for a 3-d show.

WDWCrazyKaren
07-07-2009, 08:15 AM
I'm with folks on the Speedway, basically because it is SO big and takes up so much space that could be used for many new and fabulous rides! I would also toss in Astro Orbiter, simply because I can ride that same ride at any local theme park (however, without the nice views of MK to go along with it). Then again, I'd love to see the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea reopened! No matter how cheesy, I still recall being about 8 years old or so and thinking at that attraction in Disneyland, that those fish (yes, they were real to me) were the closest to real fish that I was ever going to see.

MarknTara
07-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Wow...

I suppose I see why adults don't really like the Speedway. It's noisy, crowded, and there's always a long line. However, I distinctly remember LOVING it as a kid. It's so exciting for little kids (to whom 16 seems so far away) to be able to drive. The reason it's so crowded is because the kids love it.

As to Ellen's Universe of Energy, that's one we make a point to hit every time we go down. We love Bill and Ellen and the ride is a great way to get out of the sun for a bit.

Well...yeah.

KronkHere
07-07-2009, 12:19 PM
MK - Speedway
EP - Journey Into The Imagination
AK - ??? (cant think of any)
DHS - Sounds Dangerously

:pirate:

bruin1344
07-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Ellen's Universe of Energy - too boring and too long

I disagree with getting rid of speedway because kids love that ride

DeniseMB
07-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Get rid of Stitch and bring back Alien Encounter. :mickey:

VolMickey
07-07-2009, 06:51 PM
My vote is to 86 the Swiss Family Treehouse.Noyhing but stair climbing to see junk.

Ditto! AMEN! :thumbsup:

thrillme
07-07-2009, 07:17 PM
If left up to me I'd get rid of all the rides that don't scare ya or challenge ya.

I guess to be "fair" and not turn Disney into a "thrill" park (except for the Jungle, Pirates and the shooting rides...) I'd have to keep several. I'd like to dump Stitch and bring back Alien Encounter...I'd liked to watch 'em scream :thedolls:

Some of the rides I think just need some serious modification over total eradication. The People Mover :confused: this "way of the future" has been there for 30 years and it's useless...why not extend this to get from one end of the park to another? Charge a $1...I'll bet they pay for the mod in a year.

Ellen's Universe of Energy...Nice ride but...Let's bring it up to speed a little. Whatever they call the "ball". UPDATE it. It's OLD news...same with the house of the future. A lot of the stuff you can easily buy today.

I guess if I can't think of RIDES per sae (to be fair to the little ones)...but I can think of "attractions"...Sounds Dangerous, Narnia (Prince Caspian wasn't even that good).

Kathy Jetson
07-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Stitch I know its not a ride but I can't stand it but ds likes it. I would like them to make the speedway more disney. The only thing we like about Ellen is the dinosour part.

Gator
07-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Ellen's Universe of Energy - too boring and too long

I disagree with getting rid of speedway because kids love that ride

Right on the money. My daughter thought it was great to steer a car (even though I had to press the pedal). It was a great experience. That's what Disney is about...the children.

AlexinWonderland
07-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Tomorrowland Speedway
Reasons:
Takes up a lot of room in a prime location
Not thrilling or entertaining enough
Loud and distracting from the area's theme

I know some kids love this, and they have been talking for a long time about giving it some Car's flair but oy, so much room for such a dinky little ride, it seems like two rides could fill that real estate.

Stitch's Great Escape
Reasons:
So mangled from it's previous fun incarnation that I really must agree that if you can't do it with X-S it shouldn't be done at all.

Imagination Pavalion
Reasons:
Another ride manhandled and deformed to me, I miss Dreamfinder, and if it had to be updated why such a minimalist dull makeover??

Also, this is my first post, so Ello!

KatrinaJ91
07-07-2009, 10:32 PM
I disagree with all of you! I wouldn't get rid of any rides because someone, somewhere loves the rides you want to get rid of or have not even experienced them yet. I personally hate the Speedway but understand the reason they keep it. I do wish they would update it to the Cars theme though. :mickey:

JavaDuck
07-08-2009, 01:09 AM
Very easy question for me...Stitch.

My partner and I walked out of that attraction and looked at each other and both said that's 10 minutes we will never get back.

laprana
07-08-2009, 10:26 AM
I totally agree with everyone else who said Stitch should go. That would be my first pick!!

DisneyOtaku
07-08-2009, 10:51 AM
The Astro Orbiter. For me, it's because I have a horrible fear of heights and I keep feeling like I'm going to fall out of the car :sick:

joonyer
07-09-2009, 07:12 PM
I'm with folks on the Speedway, basically because it is SO big and takes up so much space that could be used for many new and fabulous rides! . . . .

:ditto::exactly:

If the speedway was revamped and really upgraded, it might convince me to leave it in, but as is, it is the biggest waste of theme park real estate in WDW. You can argue that other attractions are worse (Stitch's Great Escape, Swiss Family Treehouse, Sounds Dangerous, etc.) but none of them takes up so much space.

BPATSMouse
07-10-2009, 12:49 AM
Ellens universe and Stitch:down:

Mickey91
07-10-2009, 01:32 AM
Stitch.

The speedway always has a huge line is way too popular to warrant a removal. The only revamping acceptable for it would be to give it a "Cars" theming. That would make it more of a fantasyland or toontown ride but it sits on those borders anyway.

Rhetoric2000
07-10-2009, 05:37 AM
Speedway. Too much space for a ride that you can do at a local venue.

I agree with a previous poster that they could easily fit a Cars themed ride there as part of a replacement. Or indeed, anything else.

Personally I'd also shift One Man's Dream to that venue so they can give a much needed extension to Pixar place in DHS.

DigitalDaredevil
07-10-2009, 07:00 AM
Stitch. I was never so disappointed with an attraction.

mrsgaribaldi
07-10-2009, 07:05 AM

The only time we went on this was at night time in early Dec. I tripped and fell and broke my camera that I hadn't even had for a year yet. I cried:(

johnO
07-10-2009, 07:32 AM
Stitch, SD and Speedway all could go.

clou1028
07-10-2009, 07:38 AM
Get rid of Stitch and bring back Alien Encounter. :mickey:

Oh I agree! I miss Alien Encounter!

Disney Doll
07-10-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm not a fan of Stitch or of Speedway, but I think some people do like them. For me the worst attraction is HISTA. It's just so old and that movie is not what I would consider a classic. I've seen it once and that's all I really need. It's high time to replace that one.

big blue and hairy
07-10-2009, 10:10 AM
I disagree with all of you! I wouldn't get rid of any rides because someone, somewhere loves the rides you want to get rid of or have not even experienced them yet.
I almost completely agree with you...but...does anyone love Sounds Dangerous? That is the worst attraction WDW has ever had. They blew out Stitch's Dance Party in two weeks and kept this abomination for how many years??!

:sulley:

big blue and hairy
07-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Also, this is my first post, so Ello!

:hi:

Hiya!

:sulley:

cEveArdenfan
07-10-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm tempted to pick Mission: Space, but I'm going to agree with big blue and hairy on this and choose Sounds Dangerous. It's not the first thing that comes to mind, because I simply forget it's there. :hmghost:

edhunter28
07-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Why mission space?:confused:

Goes4FastPass
07-10-2009, 01:57 PM
The Speedway needs to be moved to the last mall in the US that doesn't already have a go cart track.

badkitty
07-10-2009, 10:17 PM
I would vote for Stitch but Sounds Dangerous is the worst attraction I have ever been in/on. What a horrible waste of time. Didn't it used to be a fun special effects presentation? I have a vague memory of that...

Lakin
07-11-2009, 12:17 AM
I would definitely get rid of Stitch but first I'd get rid of Winnie the Pooh and bring back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

I second that!

Daddy Mouse
07-11-2009, 10:08 AM

I wish it were revamped using Cars (would like to ride Mater going backward)

:ditto:

My kids loved it! I don't!

AllDisney
07-11-2009, 01:13 PM
I'd say the speedway at MK. There is so much valuable space being taken up by a ride that has had it's day. It's time to replace or drastically update this attraction.

We have not gone to the speedway for years now.

chaodj9
07-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Agreed, could be the worse attraction of all

sounds dangerous if i wanted to listen to sound effects i would go on you tube and turn the volume up

chaodj9
07-11-2009, 09:06 PM
I'd say the speedway at MK. There is so much valuable space being taken up by a ride that has had it's day. It's time to replace or drastically update this attraction.

We have not gone to the speedway for years now.

I never get tired of that ride and im 13 but maybe for older i can understand

Celestria
07-11-2009, 10:43 PM
that's hard. let's see...

stitch- because we have all been stitched to death

re-do, not destroy, imagination and energy pavilions, sounds dangerous, speedway, tiki room, hista

destroy and rebuild to something new with completely different theme, mission space, wonders of life pavilion, swiss family treehouse (does anyone remember what swiss family is anymore?)

i agree with a lot of the posted, but i am suprised no one else mentioned tiki room. unless i missed that

Stu29573
07-12-2009, 08:46 AM
I would vote for Stitch but Sounds Dangerous is the worst attraction I have ever been in/on. What a horrible waste of time. Didn't it used to be a fun special effects presentation? I have a vague memory of that...

It used to be "Monster Sound Show" which was light years beyond SD. It was funny, interesting, and educational- None of which counts for SD.

Dickson Thunder
07-12-2009, 09:20 AM
As far as a "ride" is concerned I would say the
Speedway. If you include attractions I would
say the LMA Stunt Show.

IloveDisney71
07-12-2009, 06:44 PM
It's not a ride, it's an attracion - Sounds Dangerous!

If I had to chose a ride, I guess it'd be Star Tours...just because it made me sick.:blush:

Bellerella
07-13-2009, 12:12 AM
Maelstrom in the Norway pavillion. It's horrible! I hate the poorly done animatronics. It could have potential if they would renovate it perhaps?

GhostHost999
07-13-2009, 12:48 AM
i would say stich...however...that's not really a ride though...
other things that are not rides, but i'd love to get rid of or change...
the indiana jones show..i like it, but it's time to change it.. it's been there so long...
the same w/ the honey i shrunk the audience. I love that show, but it's based on a movie that's over 20 years old!!!! disney can come up w/ something better for a 3-d show.

How about a heavy duty 3-d/4-d show based on The Incredibles?? They seem made for this.

Imagine Frozone spraying the audience and some cold fog cannons spray the patrons... :cool:

tjstrike
07-13-2009, 03:19 AM
I thought the Chronicles of Narnia thing was awful, ride wise it would probably be the ride in Mexico of the world showcase.

brownie
07-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Swiss Family Treehouse gets my vote.

comicguy
07-14-2009, 07:27 AM
Stitch ride

TheVBs
07-14-2009, 08:27 AM
We've never had any desire to go to Sounds Dangerous, so it wouldn't break my heart if it went.

I've never been on Stitch (loved AE!) but DH (wasn't impressed) and DD8 (loved it) have.

Ellen's Energy Adventure is always a nice long break, but it wouldn't break my heart if that went.

My kids love the Speedway, so I wouldn't want to see that go, but a revamp would be great! Cars themeing and electric?

The Swiss Family Treehouse is not a must for us, but I do still like it. I think it's a great place to get a special view of the park, especially at night.

We love the Tiki Room! Would not want to see that go, even in it's current version.

And, I have to say that I wouldn't be broken hearted if COP went *hides behind the desk* but I think DH would.

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
07-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Malstrom.....i think that is the most boring ride i've ever been on.

KAJUNKING
07-14-2009, 10:44 AM
i think its close between sounds dangerous, and the speedway

disneyworld55925592
07-15-2009, 03:24 PM
the innovations buildings in epcot. they could do so much more with that space!

Darin M
07-16-2009, 12:36 AM
The MK Speedway is an eye-sore. It takes away from the Tomorrowland experience. Crush it and replace it with more kiosks. Just what we need.

mouseneer
07-16-2009, 08:35 AM
"Sounds Dangerous"

coneygoil
07-29-2009, 03:00 PM
I want the old Journey into Imgination back, with the Dreamfinder, and the interactive playground upstairs!

Same here! Dreamfinder was awesome. The old Journey Into Imagination was so inspiring. It's like you came off that ride wanting to create things! Now it's just dumb and boring. The rainbow light tunnel was so cool. Why did they have to get rid of that?

Jll3Sonex
07-29-2009, 03:45 PM
There's a couple of things I'd like to see revert back - pull the Three Caballeros from the Mexico ride and change it back to the River of Time... and pull the Nemo stuff from "The Seas".

But the big thing, and I know it's just been updated... is to revert back Spaceship Earth. The kids talking to each other from half-way around the world may have seemed dated for a 'futuristic' scenario - but THAT to me really used to show what the future was going to bring.

MistressGracey
07-29-2009, 05:09 PM
I read a rumor over on Screamscape that stated that Fantasyland is getting a total overhaul: additional Dumbo ride with an interactive queue between the two, a new sit-down restaurant, new Little Mermaid ride, and much more! To do this, rumor has it that Toontown's days are numbered and I won't be sorry to see it go, TBH. It's Ok for a one-time look-see, but it's rather boring after that. Of course, if I had little kids I may be singing a different tune....:piano:

EJS-Houston
07-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Speedway...definitely the Speedway.

MistressGracey
07-29-2009, 05:20 PM
To be honest, none of the "cycle rides" being removed would hurt my feelings in the least. Even when our kids were younger, we never bothered with Dumbo, Tea Cups, Astro Orbiter...long, long lines for rides you can experience anywhere. I know I'm probably WAY in the minority with this...maybe I'll just go now...:bolt:

Laughin' place
07-29-2009, 06:59 PM
This was much harder for me than I could have imagined. That's mostly because Im a hugely sentimental softie, and have great memories of just about EVERYTHING at WDW (dont get me started on Mickeys Backyard BBQ...)
Anyhow, after lots of thought, Id have to go with Sounds Dangerous. I dont hate it, but Id have to say it has the lowest value/appeal overall to the most people

epceddie
07-29-2009, 07:36 PM
I never liked the Indy Speedway, even when I was little. Too noisy and hot, and the cars go about four miles an hour.
I've always though it was a big waste of space.

LibertyTreeGal
07-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Stitch, it is offensive and patently unDisney. I can't imagine Walt Disney ever approving it on the drawing board...

DigitalDaredevil
07-30-2009, 01:11 AM
Stitch.
I appreciate the effort and the effects, but there was no need to change it from AE.