PDA

View Full Version : Scooter and Big D – Big D’s First 50 Years!! Pre-trip report.

scooterca42
07-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Characters –
Scooter (Me, 48)
Big D (DH, 50 this year!)

It has been a…challenging couple of years since our last trip. Job losses, employment contracts that ended, family members moving and being born, it’s amazing when you think about how life changes in a matter of a couple of years.

Anyway, as things seem to have settled down a bit – though you can never be certain how long they’ll stay that way – we decided the time was right for another vacation. We reviewed several destinations, but if we were going to be going to an island we wanted to scuba dive, and the money situation – though better – didn’t quite stretch to that.

We do have a long term plan to go to Australia, this trip won’t derail that – I knew we couldn’t go more than a couple years without an excursion and built it into the financial plan. Once everything had been reviewed and priced, Disney with Free Dining made the most financial sense for us!

So we are down there in September, at AS Sports, for the dining and our first Disney waterpark experience. Oh – and Big D is 50! What better place to celebrate!

We have all the restaurants we’d hoped for, and plans to attend the Halloween party (on a friend's advice - that story is in Mousellaneous ;) ). We have an early arrival on Sunday and a decent departure the following Sunday. We have a list of neat stuff to look for, and this is a holiday we feel we have truly earned!
:number1:

artyboy
07-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Have a great trip! I'm going in October!

WDWCrazyKaren
07-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Yea You! It is ever so important to keep those sanity vacations going. Thank you for reminding us that even in very trying times, you can carve out a little corner for yourself.

Have a truly magical time, and a very Happy Birthday celebration!

faline
07-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Indeed - what better way could there be to celebrate a special birthday! Have a terrific trip!

DizNee143
07-07-2009, 02:15 PM
sounds like its going to be a great trip!! hope you guys have fun!! :mickey:

Snow's Mom
07-07-2009, 08:21 PM
We're going at the end of this month to celebrate my 50th! I'm hoping my body holds together for the trip!:thumbsup:

yjgirl32
07-08-2009, 08:31 AM
Much needed vacation. Have a great time.

BluewaterBrad
07-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Good for You!! Have a BLAST!!:mickey:

Lizzie
07-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Have a great trip.