View Full Version : 1st WDW Trip w/ my 1yr old-Day 2

Pooshu11
07-06-2009, 01:16 AM
Timeframe: 6/29/09-7/3/09
Resort: Beach Club Resort

Me (33yrs old)
DH (33yrs old)
DS (16 months old)

We woke up around 9am on day 2. Gave breakfast to DS (a banana, milk and yogurt) and decided to head to the pool. The BC pool is absolutely spectacular! It is so intricate w/ all types of pools such as a pretty deep lazy river, a circular pool that was like a toilet bowl where the water just swirls around and around, a pool w/ a sandy bottom that had sinking holes, like quick sand (my favorite) and of course, the pool w/ a pile of sand in the middle. We took DS to the sand pool 1st. It was his first time in a pool so he was kinda out of it a little. I tried to put him down on the sand but because he's never felt sand before. He was scared and didn't want to be put down. So we held him in the pool as we swam around in the water. We met a wonderful couple who was also there w/ their 18 month DS (also had the same name as our DS) and chatted w/ them as our sons had a mini-playdate. Then we checked out the other pools and decided to go eat, since it started to get cloudy and looked like it was going to rain. We packed up our stuff at the pool and went to Beaches & Cream. DH had the burger, I had the grilled chicken sandwich and DS shared our dishes. We were full and decided not to have dessert, which I kind of regret now :(. We saw 2 tables order the kitchen sink. So enormous!

After lunch, DS fell asleep in his stroller. We decided to let him sleep in there instead of bringing him up to the room. Even the slightest movement wakes DS very easily and he won't go back to sleep. So we took a stroll around the boardwalk instead. By this time, the sun came out and it was hottt! We stopped in the candy store and found this cool gift box which consisted of several rice crispy treats. They were in the shape of a slice of cake, a cupcake, a present and the classic mickey ears-so cute! So we purchased that and along we went. We decided to check out the Swan, since it was on the path. A very nice resort. Very fancy, almost un-disney esque but really pretty and clean. We declared that we wouldn't mind staying there in the future. As we almost completed our full circle around the boardwalk back to the BC, DS awoke from his nap. This was perfect timing-we had dinner reservations at Ohana's at 5:15pm so we got ready and took off to the Poly.

When we got to Ohana's, there was a long line of people waiting to be checked in. The line moved pretty smoothly and it was only minutes after that when our little vibrating/lighting up thing went off to tell us our table was ready. I guess dinner service opens at 5pm and people were waiting around earlier, which caused the long line to form. I was hopeful that dinner tonight would be uneventful because the reservation was waay earlier than the night before and DS had a nap before dinner. Wishful thinking on my part-DS was so excited at dinner he couldn't sit still in his high chair. But he ate very well. He nibbled on the bread, had lots of noodles, a little bit of the dumplings, some chicken and devoured the dessert. DH and I took turns eating-one of us would let DS roam around the restaurant and the lobby while the other would scoff the food down. Hectic but delicious as always. This is one of our favorite must-dine places. We got him a lei, which he really liked. Also, the table next to us was celebrating a birthday- a little girl who turned 2 and the MC went over to their table and sang to them for a long time. He was a wonderful singer and ukulele player. We were so close to their table that we got to enjoy the entertainment with them.

After dinner, we took DS back to the room for a quick bath and then off to AK for EMH-till 11pm. IMO, this was the best time we had at a park during our vacay. Maybe it's b/c AK is my favorite park at DW. As we boarded the tram the tram CM asked us if we were resort guests. He was making sure because he said we would be "dissapointed if we weren't" (we got there at 8pm). DS liked the tram ride-he was in good spirits :thumbsup:. Once we got into the park, we beelined to the safari ride but was turned away b/c it was closed. Oh well, next time. So we started walking towards Asia from Africa and of course we stop by the drums. DS loved this, as predicted. There was a little girl who was running around hitting all of the drums. DS would follow her and hit all of the drums she would hit-very funny. After that little party, we started walking towards EE where DH wanted to be. The wait was 20mins so DS and I walked around. It was so hot so we shared a mango/strawberry smoothie mix from the tea company. It was soo good! Then DH came out. This is his fave ride in DW and he's never rode it in the dark. He said it is a totally different experience and left him a bit dizzy and declined another ride. We headed toward Dinoland which is my favorite place in AK. DH is not too crazy about this area. He says the decor is doesn't match the theme and therefore looks very tacky. I guess I could see that, but it's such a happy area that I can dismiss that. I rode the triceratops ride w/ DS which I think he enjoyed-he had this happy/worried look on him which was so cute! We went on again a 2nd time, this time w/ the entire family. Then I went on the dinosaur ride by myself. There was no wait whatsoever which was so cool. This is actually my second favorite ride at DW, with it's tough to be a bug at 1st place ( I didn't get a chance to see that on this trip :() DH is afraid of the dinosaur ride, lol. He hates to sit on the ends and always makes me sit there, which is fine by me! He was happy to let me go on the ride solo this time while he watched DS. I sat in the front row, next to a family of 3 and let me tell you, it is a whole new scary experience, especially if you are sitting by yourself, on the end. Granted I sat on the right side where not much happens except in the end, but still very scary. And then the ride stopped momentarily at the end while we were about to go under a dinosaur that was shaking the tree down on us. It was dark all around us except for the dinosaur which was glowing eerily and moving back and forth. It gave me a very creepy feeling being there! But it was still fun nonetheless and we brought the dinosaur back home, yay! When I met back w/ DH and DS, we decided to take DS into the dino playground for kids. As we were walking, he kept pointing at the triceratops ride, so we decided to take him there again after the playground. The playground was real fun for him. There were lots of kids running around in there and lots for them to explore. DS especially loved stomping on the dinosaur foot prints on the floor. They make dino roaring noises when you stomp on them. He just kept stomping away! And also going up to every adult in there, which was really cute! I have to say everyone in DW was soo nice and kind to DS and so engaging w/ him that it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. That's probably why I like DW so much-everyone is so nice there, for the most part. We rode the triceratops once more then headed toward the gift shops. On the way, we saw a character greeting w/ Lilo and Stitch and decided to chance this. We weren't sure if he would be receptive or scared of the characters, but turned out he was not scared of them and wanted to touch them. Good news for us, we'll definitely introduce him to more characters in the next couple of days. The characters and the photographers were so good with him-so patient and friendly and they made you forget that there was a long line of people waiting to meet L&S. I felt bad so I tried to hurry for them, but they didn't seem to mind taking time to meet our DS at all. After the picture taking, we went into a gift store and DS started running around like crazy! He was touching everything in the store, which I of course refrain him from doing-I wouldn't want to buy something that has been used and abused so why would I let DS do that? Well, as he was touching every stuffed animal there and me pulling him away, a CM came over and was like "It's okay, you can let him touch them. Who else is going to play w/ them but the kids? That's what they are there for." That was so nice of her to say. But of course I tore him away from that. DH in the meantime is chatting away w/ a CM. DS got a hold of a mug and before I could tear it away from him, he dropped it and it shattered into pieces! The CM that was talking to DH was real nice and told us it was okay and that this happens all the time. I was willing to pay for the damage but she insisted it was not necessary. That was really nice of her. But I felt really bad because she cut her hand really bad as she was picking up the porcelain pieces and started bleeding out badly. I was like "put pressure on that ASAP!" and she excused herself to tend to her wound. I hope she is doing okay. After that fiasco we decided to call it a night and head back to our room. DS fell asleep on the car ride and we carried him right into bed (my strategy of bathing him earlier was so I didn't have to wake him up when we got to the room). And as DH joined DS in bed, I once again prepared for the next day as I thought how great today was and what is to come of tomorrow :mickey:.

BTW, does anyone know how to post pictures on this thread? I would like to share but I have no idea how to do that.

Kathy Jetson
07-06-2009, 04:07 AM
Sounds great! Glad you had such a good day :cloud9:

faline
07-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Another fun day except for the wound to the cast member - ouch!

Glad your son liked the characters - you never can tell how children will react to them.

To post pictures in your trip reports, you need to have an account with a photo site such as webshots as one example of many out there. Once your pictures are posted there you can link them here by highlighting the address at the on-line site, clicking on the Globe with the paper clip (at the top of your post), entering the picture address into the pop-up window that will appear and then accepting that.

Bethis26fan
07-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Sounds like a nice day, thanks for sharing.

Pooshu11
07-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Thanks Faline, I will try that out later.

vizsla
07-07-2009, 05:29 AM
Thanks for the report.

DizNee143
07-07-2009, 12:48 PM
another great day!!! you guys sure do manage to get alot done in a day with a little one!!! :mickey:

yjgirl32
07-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Very nice report. Thanks for sharing.

BluewaterBrad
07-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Great 2nd day!:mickey:

January-2007
07-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Thanks for reporting! :mickey:

pdrlkr
07-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: