PDA

View Full Version : Another costume question!

Wrigley
07-05-2009, 03:43 PM
We are going to MNSSHP on Halloween night. It will be myself, DH, and DD2. Do most adults dress up, or mostly just the children? Also, if we decide to dress up, do most adults do Disney themed costumes? I'm trying to convince my DH to dress up, but we're having a hard time coming up with costume ideas that would be easy to travel with-I don't want to take up our suitcase space with huge costumes!:mickey:

Strmchsr
07-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Yes, adults do dress up, but not all of them. Some folks just let their kids do it. It's up to you.

As for the costumes, many are Disney related, but not always. The main thing is to remember it's a family event and WDW doesn't want "scary" or "gory" costumes. Those belong at Universal.

VWL Mom
07-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Maybe DH would be open to something along the line of a sports jersey, baseball cap, and a little eye black and you have yourself a baseball player.

We'll be there Halloween Night also and are trying for stuff that is easy to pack and easy to wear. So far we have a ball player for DS17, DS14 may do a tie-dyed tshirt, some beads and sunglasses for a 60's type thing. DH has a POC wig from our trip last year, and I'm still thinking.

faline
07-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Many adults do dress up - some costumes are quite elaborate. I do encourage dressing up as it really does add to the fun. Sometimes the simplest costumes are the best and most fun. Keep in mind that it can still be quite warm and humid in Florida at that time of year so plan on something that will be comfortable for you. Also, Disney has restrictions on things like masks that can restrict your view or on costumes that can create a hazard for you.

Have fun!

DisneyAggies
07-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Yes, TONS of adults dress up, and we've seen some SPECTACULAR costumes in our many visits to the Halloween Party.

DH and I will not be dressing up. It's enough for us to keep up with DS (4 years old) and DS (2 years old). LOL Maybe when we the kids get older we will dress up.

princessimagineer
07-05-2009, 08:32 PM
when we went i was 16 and my sister was 18. we were both easy things to pack, i was a fairy ( prince charming at GF cafe that night for dinner kept calling me tinkerbell, i was a PINK fairy, did anyone notice!?) and my sister was a bunny.

my parents just wore black and orange t shirts.

StitchFan#1
07-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Yes adults do dress up and some costumes dont take anyroom! My DM40 is going to be a mousekeeter wich only requires a mickey tee and a pair of ears. Or you could be a tourist just use your camera alot!

Urbss
07-07-2009, 06:27 PM
I have to agree that it is just plain fun to dress up for the party!!!

The only suggestion I have is to not wear anything too bulky if you are planning on riding a lot of rides. (not to mention many bulky items might be hard to pack!!)

My wife and I dressed as pirates last year (like many others) and who knows - that may be the case again this year, we'll see. My 3 yr old dressed like Buzz Lightyear and was thrilled to meet the real Buzz!! This year he wants to be a pirate.

Just have fun with it. I thought about dressing up like a biker, but figured that would defeat the purpose of dressing up as something different!!!