PDA

View Full Version : Update on Verizon Disney Deal for Parks?

MomTo3Tiggers
07-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Has anyone heard anything more about the Verizon/Disney phone info in the parks? We're going in August and are overdue for a phone upgrade. I'd love to be able to use it if it was up and running by then - but I can't find anything about timing for it.

crazypoohbear
07-05-2009, 11:31 AM
haven't heard anything at all about this deal.
Is it something you could find answers to at the verizon wireless store?

Itchy
07-05-2009, 12:21 PM
I was in our local Verizon store last week and was asking the clerk at the counter if they knew anything about the deal with disney and verizon.

He had heard that there were issues that they just have not agreed on yet and they do not know when it will happen.

I would love to see it happen sooner that later. It would be great to use while there.

No news sometime is not bad news.

eas423
07-05-2009, 12:36 PM
I haven't heard about this, what are the details?

Itchy
07-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Maybe this will help. This was from a post in Jan of this year.

Verizon (in Disney theme parks) – Marking a first in both the travel and mobile industries, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and Verizon are teaming up to enhance the guest experience at Walt Disney World Resort (and at Disneyland Resort in California). Guests will be able to access an array of features on their Verizon Wireless phones including the ability to easily locate shows, restaurants and the Disney characters anywhere inside the parks; get real-time attraction availability information; access mobile games; receive messages from characters and more.

Imagineer1981
07-06-2009, 03:39 PM
I wonder if its ready yet? Iknow they added tons of cell towers hidden in the parks

JPL
07-06-2009, 03:43 PM
I have a friend who works at Verizon and he mentioned they are getting the iPhone next summer. So I am guessing they are waiting until they have access to the iPhone before launching this new system.

nicster
07-06-2009, 04:10 PM
I have a friend who works at Verizon and he mentioned they are getting the iPhone next summer. So I am guessing they are waiting until they have access to the iPhone before launching this new system.
:fit:I WANT IT NOW!

beksy
07-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Looks like I'm waiting awhile longer to upgrade my phone and gently persuade (read "bully") by parents into changing companies if this does happen. :blah: :nudge:

Stu29573
07-06-2009, 11:06 PM
We were there a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't working yet.