PDA

View Full Version : Pack your insect repellent!

DizneyRox
07-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Cost cutting has hit the pest management areas of the resort. I've never been eaten like I have this trip. Both in the parks and at the hotels.

So, pack your insect repellent...

JRocker
07-05-2009, 05:40 AM
My daughter (the family pest magnet) commented on this last week. I'm too bitter for bugs, so I didn't notice, but she let me know about it...more than once.

aurora, ariel, and bell
07-05-2009, 08:01 AM
I hope this isn't true. That is one of the nice things about going to Disney, no worry about those :thedolls: Mosquitoes!

DizneyRox
07-05-2009, 03:52 PM
I hope this isn't true. That is one of the nice things about going to Disney, no worry about those :thedolls: Mosquitoes!
I ain't pullin your leg. I was surprised, and recently posted to not worry, Disney does a great job with the critters. I spoke too soon. I've seen some stuff I haven't even seen around my house and I live in the boonies.

Next time, I'll be packing the repellent.

BluewaterBrad
07-05-2009, 05:18 PM
There has been a lot of much needed rain here in Florida the last 5 weeks!:mickey:

faline
07-05-2009, 07:07 PM
We noticed a big increase in biting bugs after Florida had been hit by a series of large storms (hurricanes) and figured the abnormally wet weather had gotten ahead of the pest management crew. Given that pest levels were back to what we expected on subsequent trips, I can only guess that the wet weather has again had an impact on pest control activities. After all, the Northeast just had a month of cloudy, wet, damp weather. The misquitoes here come in squadrons and are so large you're in danger of them carrying you away.

mom2mickeyfan
07-05-2009, 08:33 PM
We went June 7 - 14 and I had lots of bites....especially at Epcot. But I have to admit, mosquitoes love me. FL had received alot of rain right before we visited so I wasn't surprised. But it was the first time I had ever had that problem while at DW.

EmmMOM2
07-06-2009, 07:30 AM
are these biting bugs mosquitoes etc only coming out at night like usual? Or are they out during the heat of the day?
Perhaps this will be cleared up by the end of august???
My 5 year old ALWAYS gets bit by things but we aren't out very often at night in Disney.

hokies4life
07-06-2009, 01:25 PM
UGH! I always get eaten up by mosquitoes!!

I'll be sure to pack the repellent and then just hope that I have a strong enough repellant to at least keep away most of the bugs so I don't get too miserable. My Fiance normally isn't that bad with the bugs...Lucky him :mickey:

:chipdale:

TheRustyScupper
07-06-2009, 06:07 PM
are these biting bugs mosquitoes etc only coming out at night like usual? Or are they out during the heat of the day?

1) Out both day and night.
2) But, pretty heavy at night.
3) The Pest Mgmt dept has reduced budgets, like many others.

Loves the Mouse
07-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Hey thanks. I was'nt going to take some because when we went in aug. 4 years ago we did'nt use it. We had no problems with the bugs then. But I sure will take it for our trip now. Thanks !

LandFan
07-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Yeah - thanks for the tip! We've never had bug issues before at Disney so I wouldn't have thought to take it!

LarryBoy
07-29-2009, 09:47 AM
We just returned from a week long trip, July 20-27, and didn't have any problems with bugs. I didn't notice them in the parks or at the resort (WL). I think part of the problem earlier this month was that the area had gotten a large amount of rain. It was relatively dry for our trip and I didn't get bitten once.

r4kids
07-29-2009, 11:36 AM
UHHH yuck. I always get eaten alive. I would be happy to pay an extra $10 a night for pest management budget!