PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Horror Nights

Mfarquar
07-04-2009, 08:31 AM
I remembered several posts about this event last Fall, and it seemed as though a lot of people were wondering about the projected dates for this year.

Well, the dates were posted a few weeks ago and here they are:

September 25, 26
October 1-4, 8-11, 15-18, 21-25, 28-31 2009

Ticket prices have generally stayed the same ($69.99), but luckily, the "Frequent Fear Pass" (allows you to attend September 25, 26, October 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, 21, 22, 25, 28 & 29) is still $69.99 - a great value - especially for opening weekend!

This year's theme was recently announced - "Ripped from the Silver Screen" - The unforgettable horror movies that made you scream were hours of pulse-pounding fear broken up by moments of sheer heart-stopping terror. Bone-chilling nightmares played out onscreen. Now those terrifying scenes, incredible creatures and blood-curdling moments have now been ripped from the silver screen and brought to life at Halloween Horror Nights.

A little bit of a disappointment, since the year before last's theme was "Carnival of Carnage" and revolved around Freddy, Jason & Leatherface. However, all of the website information promises ALL NEW houses, scarezones and shows.

I'm sure it will be great as the last 5 years have been. Remember, it's not for the kiddies or faint of heart! :thedolls:

DVC2004
07-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the info! We did Universal Hollywood's HHN last year, and we've done Universal Orlando's a few years ago. Definitely a must-do for any fans of haunted houses. We did buy the express pass and well worth it not to wait as the lines get long. I wish they had a different theme this year- it does seem very similar o last year's.

WDWfanatic742
07-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Last year's HHN was really fun. Of course, it was my first, but I still loved it. We went on Halloween night and didn't have the Express Pass so I thought beforehand that we might be waiting for most of the night. We only waited maybe not more than 10 minutes until 10pm or so for any of the houses or rides. We did 5 of the 8 houses and Mummy twice and the Simpsons once, and the Magician show before that time. Then from about 10pm-1am, everything was about only 30 minutes long and then from 1am-2am it was a ghost town. We could have done everything twice and still had time left over.

I was a little let down over the theme for this year. I loved how the houses last year had theme's but at the same time had alot of original stuff. It sounds like this year they are just going to be pulling stuff from the movies. Hopefully they can do more than what I'm thinking that they can do.

It was so much fun though and I recommend going for everyone who is old enough and won't have a heart attack easily. There were a few times when me and my friends got genuinely scared, but it was so much fun.

BTW - For anyone who lives in Florida you can get discounts with a Coca-Cola can. The prices are:

$39.99 for nights on Sunday -Thursday
$49.99 for nights on Friday
$59.99 for nights on Saturday