PDA

View Full Version : Fridge for Medication

cherbie66
07-03-2009, 10:52 PM
While in Disney, I will need a fridge for my medication. I was told if this is the case, they will give me the fridge free of charge. Is this true? How do I get one? Should I tell them when I check in online or when we arrive?

DisneyWFan
07-03-2009, 11:12 PM
When I was there last August I had called in advance to let them know I would need a fridge for medication they said no problem & it would be @ no charge. To be safe I reminded them when I checked in but it was already on the reservation. Also they were able to hold my meds in the fridge in bell services while we waited for our room to be ready.

fatboy
07-03-2009, 11:20 PM
The mod's and delux's have fridge's already.

Strmchsr
07-04-2009, 08:16 AM
As noted above, if you're staying at a mod or deluxe you'll have a fridge in the room. This is only an issue at the values. We need one for my son's insulin. We note it on the reservation and they deliver one to the room at no charge. Keep in mind that the medical fridges are the little cube fridge, not the mini (or "dorm") fridge. So, it's great for what it's intended for - medication - but don't count on being able to put a lot else in there.

PETE FROM NYC
07-05-2009, 07:34 PM
We always stay at the value resorts.
I have been insulin dependent for our last three trips.I always requested a medical fridge and it was always waiting for me when I got to my room.I just wish it froze my ice packs a bit better.Thats why I got extra ice packs,so I can thoroughly freeze them solid.

steamboat willy
07-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Next Trip: Sept. 5-12!!!!

Hey Cherbie...you'll beat us to the pool :vacation: by 3 days.
We're staying at ASMusic and when I did my ressie's I ask for a fridge for medicine. It will be there when we check in and at no charge.
Just request with your reservation and again when you check in to make sure.
:mickey: Disney will take care of the rest.:thumbsup:

cherbie66
07-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Thanks all. :mickey: