PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay for 2 adults/4 kids?

RaRaRoundTheWorld
07-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Has anyone stayed in a moderate or deluxe level hotel with 4 kids before? How did you manage the room situation? Split up reservations & kids between each adult?

If we go with our kids + our nieces their ages will be 4, 5, 6 & 8.

sara114
07-03-2009, 07:40 PM
I would go for the Fort Wilderness Cabins. The 4 children could take the bedroom and the adults could take the bed in the front. Kids could sleep and you would still have ability to enjoy other portion of cabin late in the evening.

KatMark
07-03-2009, 07:42 PM
No moderate will hold six people unless you get two rooms. I'm not sure any of the deluxes either do without two rooms. You could get one of the suites or villas.

r4kids
07-03-2009, 09:01 PM
We always get 2 rooms because it gives us 2 bathrooms and enough room for 8 to sleep so there is no crowding. Either a value or moderate is good. We haven't tried the cabins yet. :)

jonahbear2006
07-04-2009, 12:20 AM
in this situation you are better off taking grandparents and having them pay for the 2nd room and then 2 kids staying with them, that way you can afford to stay deluxe. The other option is to stay in a suite in value or to buy a tent and go off season; this is very reasonable, and each site is suited for 10 people.

Lizzie
07-04-2009, 01:46 AM
I think the all star music family suite can hold six. And that has two bathrooms.

gueli
07-04-2009, 07:05 AM
I suggest you go to the disney website & plug in your info.
They are saying
1) the cabins - sleeps 6. 1 master bedroom, 2 bunk beds, 1 murphy bed. Back about 10-12 years ago I went w/ my dear sister & her whole crew. I was surprised @ how comfortable the cabins were (I slept on the murphy bed).

2) club level @ Wilderness lodge.
3) suite @ contemp,etc

It sounds like in your case many of the kids will be doubling up. If this is no issue you have lots of options. Suites, etc.
If you stay offsite (gasp) you could rent a house with many bedrooms...
good luck
:mickey:

eandrsmom
07-06-2009, 09:31 AM
We've stayed at the deluxe resorts with our four children. (One is a baby in a crib, so she didn't count.) Twice we booked two rooms and twice we've booked one. I can tell you that after having only one room last visit, we've decided not to go that route again. The little ones are exhausted by the end of the day, but we weren't ready for bed. Plus, having one bathroom was not great, especially at bathtime. Next time, we're either going for a villa, cabin (only one bathroom), or two rooms at a moderate resort. For our sanity, we need the extra space.

moe513
07-06-2009, 02:06 PM
You have a lot of options but it depends on your budget. Try to figure out if you need the value price or can afford a dvc unit.

RedSoxFan
07-06-2009, 03:48 PM
We have four kids also and got 2 rooms at POFQ and AKL. Works out great and you get two bathrooms.