PDA

View Full Version : How many different roles/jobs?

DakotaDisney
07-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Anyone know how many different roles Disney Cast members can have in their job?

I have seen the same cast member operating different rides or other things throughout the day.

How many different types of roles can they have? Are there different departments, that they are assigned to and rotate in?

Just curious. I have always thought it would be kind of fun to work there. Or wondered what it would be like. I think I would want to try different things.

nicster
07-04-2009, 10:43 AM
I only know what our DD was doing while working at DL. She was assigned to Jungle Cruise, but was also trained on and worked at Haunted Mansion, Tiki Room, Splash, Indi, & Tarzan. She, like so many working there had a variable schedule due to schooling & Disney worked with her on that. She especially liked working the grad & special event all nighters.:party:

joanna71985
07-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Anyone know how many different roles Disney Cast members can have in their job?

I have seen the same cast member operating different rides or other things throughout the day.

How many different types of roles can they have? Are there different departments, that they are assigned to and rotate in?

Just curious. I have always thought it would be kind of fun to work there. Or wondered what it would be like. I think I would want to try different things.

I don't believe there is a limit to how many roles you can work in. I will be starting my 5th role in Aug (I have done merchandise, custodial, QSFB- quick service, character attendant, and will be doing attractions in Aug). I believe people who work at Disney FT have to wait a period before changing roles (6 months?).

There are so many roles to choose from at Disney- entertainment, attractions (working the rides/shows), merchandise (working in the shops), custodial, main entrance, parking lots, transportation (buses, monorail, the boats), working in the resorts, lifeguards, and so on. Each is part of a different department. You don't rotate from department to department (unless you have a hopper role). And you have to be specifically trained for each role.