PDA

View Full Version : Dessert only??

Snow's Mom
07-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Has anyone stopped into a restaurant for dessert only? Thinking of goint to the Sci-Fi for a milkshake in mid-afternoon. Would we need an ADR?

readytogo2
07-03-2009, 04:47 PM
we did this about 2 yrs ago we went ahead and made out ADRfor mid afternoon and still had to wait if you know you want to do this i would make an ADR just to be safe

Fangorn
07-03-2009, 06:20 PM
It is standard procedure for us to stop in at Sci Fi for a shake during the afternoon - particularly during the hotter parts of the year. This allows us to get out of the heat, have a snack, and for me anyway, give my eyes and brain a chance to recover from the bright sunlight and glare.

You'll still want to get an ADR though, even for 2:30pm. If you just stop by around then, you may be able to get something, but then you might also have to wait an hour. We've had both situations occur. Go with the ADR

Steve

epceddie
07-04-2009, 01:03 AM
We had coffee and dessert at Jiko in the AKL one night.
Our waitress rolled her eyes a bit when we told her we were only going to have dessert, but she turned out to be very nice and we left her a nice tip.

DisneyFr33k
07-04-2009, 06:53 AM
We are going a day early before our package begins, therefore we can't go to any parks. So we decided once we check into POP, we'll head to the Beach Club and share sandwiches at Beaches and Cream. Then we'll all tackle the Kitchen Sink - a massive ice cream sundae made with 8 scoops of ice cream, all the toppings and a whole can of whip cream! We've heard great things about this restaurant and can't wait to try it!!