PDA

View Full Version : Luggage arrival time/ME

DisneyorBust
07-03-2009, 08:11 AM
We normally fly to MCO on a morning flight,
this time we will be leaving a day early and taking a late afternoon flight.
We should arrive at MCO around 6:30 pm.
I know that most luggage is delivered within 3-4 hours of arrival at MCO.
My question: Should I expect our luggage to arrive before 11pm? We are staying at the POLY and will watch WISHES! from the beach so we won't be getting to bed too early. Any one out there in Intercot-land have any experience with this?

disneymom15
07-03-2009, 09:32 AM
We've arrived even later than you and have received our luggage by 11 pm.

emmatink
07-03-2009, 09:51 AM
I think it varies. We landed around 6PM and did not receive our luggage by 11PM. If it were me and you wanted to be in bed by 11, I would have a carry-on with essentials you will need that night (and the next day if you plan on heading out early) and just have them hold your luggage at the front desk until you wake up in the morning and then have them deliver it.

CleveRocks
07-03-2009, 12:31 PM
If it were me and you wanted to be in bed by 11, I would have a carry-on with essentials you will need that night (and the next day if you plan on heading out early) and just have them hold your luggage at the front desk until you wake up in the morning and then have them deliver it.I totally agree.

When you carefully read the DME materials (that Disney mails to you), you'll see that they say you should expect your DME bags within about 3 hours of checking-in at your resort, NOT 3 hours from landing at the airport.

Madzac
07-03-2009, 11:09 PM
We've had it both ways... 2006 we landed around 6pm and luggage was in the room by 830pm!!! This most recent trip we landed at 630pm, were at the WL by 745pm, but luggage didnt get to us until shortly after 11pm.

SamG
07-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Don't forget you're still at the mercy of the airline baggage handlers. It's possible (happened to my sister/BIL) the luggage never made it to MCO, much less than DME.