PDA

View Full Version : romantic dinner for 2?

TinkerBeth
07-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Where is a good place to have a nice, romantic, calming (child-free) dinner for 2 (since we would be without children for the evening we would prefer a more childless atmosphere)? or is that even possible at Disney World? As long as the menu had something ummmm normal... we would be happy. Something someone who is not all Disney would enjoy.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-02-2009, 07:58 PM
For a simple, not too expensive meal, we love the Rose & Crown, on the patio, watching Illumintations.

There will be kids, but we don't find as many there as at other places (plus, it has the best beer at WDW!)

Donald's Girl
07-02-2009, 08:32 PM
I would heartily recommend either Narcoosee's or Artist Point! Both have excellent food and great atmospheres. Those are where we always celebrate our birthdays when at Disney and it is always just the two of us.

wendy*darling
07-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Is it possible- you bet it is!!

Well, the ultimate- no kids- choice would be Victoria and Albert's (at the Grand Floridian) of course.
A little pricey and you will have to dress up a bit (jacket/tie for gentlemen & a nice dress or slacks/dressy blouse for women).

The next step down would be Bistro de Paris in Epcot's France Pavilion. This is the little place upstairs (not the large sidewalk cafe, Chefs de France).

After that, any of the signature restaurants would be a good choice. Of course, there will be kids in these places, but you can get a nice, romantic experience here.
Our favorite signature places are: California Grill (Contemporary) , Citricos (GF), Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club) & Flying Fish (Boardwalk).

Enjoy! :wine:

GhostHost999
07-02-2009, 10:32 PM
The San Angel Inn is a nice, close, dark, place that is more romantic than people think. Give it a try, you might be surprised. :D

Tinkermom
07-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Our favorites for a romantic meal for 2 are (in order of preference):

- California Grill - GREAT food, GREAT service and you cannot beat the VIEW!

-Jiko - GREAT food that is a bit different, GREAT service and wonderful exotic atmosphere. You can enjoy a romantic walk around the resort after dinner and check out the animals.

- Citricos - another with GREAT food and GREAT service. The atmosphere is relaxed.

Figment78
07-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Our favorites for a romantic meal for 2 are (in order of preference):

- California Grill - GREAT food, GREAT service and you cannot beat the VIEW!

-Jiko - GREAT food that is a bit different, GREAT service and wonderful exotic atmosphere. You can enjoy a romantic walk around the resort after dinner and check out the animals.

- Citricos - another with GREAT food and GREAT service. The atmosphere is relaxed.

Tinkermom hit the nail on the head! I completely agree with all three endorsements! :thumbsup:

DisneyHoneymooners
07-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Many good choices have already been mentioned, but I would like to agree with Jiko. It's not kid free like V&A's but there are hardly ever any kids there. Also, the atmosphere and lighting are very romantic. After dinner you can also go up to the Victoria falls lounge for a drink:marg: or walk out to the savanna overlook.

Aggie97
07-13-2009, 03:20 PM
We don't have kids yet. Our favorite signature restaurant is Narcoossee's, probably followed by Jiko. We have had wonderful, relaxing dinners at both and love their great food, service, and atmosphere.

I feel Narcoossee's is a more "Disney" experience due to its location and fantastic view of the MK, Electric Water Pageant, and Wishes. I think Jiko is a little more isolated from the traditional "Disney" setting, although the AKL is unique and beautiful in its own right.

We often eat a little later (9-9:30); many restaurants are less hectic at that time. :mickey:

TinkerBeth
07-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Thank you all. I like the idea of eating later and the signature restaurants would be perfect! Thanks!