PDA

View Full Version : May 2010 Cruise

sydneymouse
07-02-2009, 04:59 PM
We just booked a May 2010 cruise on the Wonder. We were wondering what time flights we should get? I think we can a morning flight and do magical express and hopefully be at the port for 1230 and board. We we get off the ship it says 730 am. What time will we get back to the airport via Magical Express? We aren't sure what time to book our homeward flight?

DeniseMB
07-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Get a flight that comes in at least 4 hours prior to sailing. You must be there no later than 2 hrs prior to sailing or they can deny boarding.

Return flight should be after 1:00 pm :mickey:

Jeffybob
07-03-2009, 08:41 AM
If I were you, I'd play it safe and come in the afternoon, the day before. You can stay at the Hyatt at MCO.

Any delay with your flight would most likely result in you missing your cruise. You have too much riding on it to run the risk.

BTW: The Magical Express is not the bus that you would take to the ship. You would board a DCL bus, direct to the port.

Hope this helps. Better safe than sorry! :mickey:

Disdude
07-03-2009, 09:42 AM
We were in the same position in February. We opted to fly in the day before. We used our DVC points but I would not hesitate to stay at the airport. We would have been really disappointed if our flight had been held up, even if it were only for an hour or two, and we missed the boat. We got to spend a little time at Downtown Disney and we're able to get to the port early the next day to be among the first on the ship.

Enjoy your trip!

RobWreck
07-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Absolutely do not count on flying in the morning before your flight... too many things could happen that could delay you and cause you to miss the boat. Since you're not booking your airfare through Disney, you'd have to come up with your own way of catching up with the ship at one of the stops. My experience staying at the Hyatt at MCO the night before the cruise was really positive, so I'd strongly recommend that instead.
Enjoy,
Rob

ElenitaB
07-03-2009, 07:41 PM
I second, third and fourth the idea to arrive in Orlando the day before. When we cruised in February, our flight was cancelled due to a snow storm. Even in May, rain/fog/etc. may delay your flight in the morning hours, causing you to miss the ship.