PDA

View Full Version : February or April vacation?

poohspal
07-02-2009, 04:52 PM
Hi!
I know it is too early to book a package yet, but I was looking for input. I live in Ma, and our schools have a week off in Feb and one in April. In Feb, it is the week of President's Day (which we did this year) and April would be the week of the 18th (Easter is April 4).

Which would you pick?

Thanks for your help!

Liz

Gregandmel
07-02-2009, 06:04 PM
From what I understand, the week of President's week is pretty busy. You might be a bit better off with your April 18th dates. That's still considered Spring Break for some areas, but I think it's the tail end of them.

faline
07-02-2009, 08:56 PM
I'd probably go with the April week. I've been there for part of Presidents' Day week (which coincides with the running of Daytona 500) and it is a very busy week at Disney World. Being after Easter and in the later part of the month, I would expect the April week to be a little less crowded.

thejens
07-02-2009, 11:20 PM
The weather is fantastic in April and Epcot might be doing their Flower and Garden festival. I've never done February, but I'd vote for April.

edhunter28
07-06-2009, 04:40 PM
spring break is sopposed to be jam packed.

It'sWDW4me
07-06-2009, 04:47 PM
I would go in April. I've heard the parks are insanely busy during Easter week but since you're talking about 2 weeks after Easter... I would suggest you prepare yourself for very busy parks and if it's not as bad as you feared you're in luck! :mickey:

Cheloconnell
07-06-2009, 05:51 PM
We do both every year. I have to say April was terrible this year probably because of the way Easter fell. I still think I prefer February. My husband does go to the Daytona 500, but I do not think the crowds are as bad as April with spring break and all. I think this year really ruined it for me for April, but we are still booked for April 2010 - just can't help it :secret:

jedimick08
07-08-2009, 08:04 AM
We live in Mass as well and we usually like to go in May but the kids are getting older and it's not as easy to take them out of school so we are thinking April vacation in 2010 as well. We were at MK for a day trip (from Tampa) on April 22 this year and there were virtually no lines.

poohspal
07-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks to everyone for your advice. It looks like April is the winner. Of course, anytime is a good time to go to Disney. I am hoping to be able to book a trip when it opens up in August. I will let you know our plans.

Thanks again!
Liz