PDA

View Full Version : Need stroller help!

wdwgirl21
07-02-2009, 11:55 AM
I need some suggestions.. we are traveling to disney in Nov with two kids. The oldest is four and the youngest will be 12 motnhs when we travel. When we hav etaken our oldest we have used our regular graco stroller and love it. We purchased a Joovy Caboose sit and stand when we got pregnantw ith number 2, but I find that I very rarely use it for both of them. Typically the youngest uses th graco and the oldest doesn't use anything. I had planned on taking the graco and our McClaren for the oldest because I know he won't be able to make it all day everyday. But our graco is on its last leg! I am tinkig of purchasing anew stroller for th eyoungest but am torn as to what to get. I don't think the Joovy would be the best option as either one wouldn't really be able to sleep in it if need be, plus there is a lack of storage, and the fact that it is just so big to get on and off buses.. We would like to have one more child if possible, so should I get another full size stroller, or another mcalren for baby, or something else. Maybe someone has suggestions, I just can't figure out what to do, but we would prefer not to rent one everyday in Disney.Thanks!

momofdisneyprincess
07-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Can you connect two Maclaren's side by side? That might be the best option. That way you can use the separately should you need to separate or together. Just a thought. I know Babies R Us sells the clips to connect two umbrella stroller so I was thinking that might be good to do for the Maclaren.

chefmickey3
07-02-2009, 12:19 PM
We have taken a sit stand when two of our three were 3 and 7 months old. It was not that big of a hassle on the bus. (We had taken a double stroller previously.) It allowed for more movement for our 3 almost 4 year old then an umbrella. I would recommend it.

I love our Chicco. We have it in bright orange (easy to find). It is really light and was not too expensive. That is what we use now for our youngest who is 3.

gaffz70
07-02-2009, 02:49 PM
If it were me, I would just bring 2 umbrella strollers - their light weight and easy to get around and fold up. I find that the more kids you have the less likely you are to use all of the gear you did w/ your first..and second etc

I know it doesn't look as comfortable to sleep in - but i think us adults have more of a problem w/ it than they do - that's what great about kids - they adapt much more readily than us!!

Disney Doll
07-03-2009, 07:09 AM
We have a Chicco too and we love it! I don't remember the model, but it was about $100. It's an umbrella, but it has more features than most umbrellas. It reclines, it has a rain cover, cup holder for mom, decent storage, and it's taller so comfortable to push even for DH. It's been to WDW twice and it was great. It was the perfect in between stroller for us...small and compact, but with the features we needed.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-04-2009, 11:17 AM
We took 2 strollers for my nephews. It made it easier to get around and we could split off and go ahead and then meet up somewhere if we needed to.

Nicki'sMom
07-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Here is what I think you should do. Get a Maclaren Techno twin stroller. Especially if you are going to have a third baby. Both seats hold up to 55 pounds (110 total)and it has better sunshades than say the Triumph or Quest. Also both seat fully recline. You can use it on the trip AND down the road for the next baby and you own a Maclaren already so you know how well built they are. I just bought a Techno XLR for our August trip with my 13 month old. It has a great sunshade and holds 65 pounds. If I were you I would go for the double. Let us know what you decide! :mickey:

javamama
07-08-2009, 01:08 AM
Get a Maclaren Techno twin stroller, I can't agree more. I have a 5 yo and a 2 yo. I've been using mine since they we're 3 and 8 months at WDW and it's the best thing around IMO. I just used it again our last trip, and it still works great w/48lbs in one seat, and 35lbs in the other, plus bags, purses, and other junk in the baskets. It's worth the $, plus onlines you can find last years model for a great price, and no taxes, plus free shipping.