PDA

View Full Version : where to stay

TinkerBeth
07-02-2009, 11:42 AM
The next time we visit the World our children will be 2 and 6 (assuming we don't have anymore by then:mickey:) I'm wondering what would be the best place to stay with them. my hubby and I would like to stay someplace that neither of us has been and we are considering any resort (deluxe, moderate or value).

brownie
07-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Your kids might enjoy staying at All-Star Movies, due to the theming. We've enjoyed staying there.

gaffz70
07-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Bottom line...i don't think it matters where you stay, I'm sure they'll have a great time anywhere!

When our kids were that age we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge - they loved it - We wished we would have taken their pic's as they were walking into the lobby - my 6yr old's lower lip was practically on the floor. They also loved having the bunk-beds

Very nice hotel, one of the cheapest of the deluxe's , close to MK, the kids enjoyed the boat ride over.

dinahvixen
07-02-2009, 10:25 PM
We stayed at ASM when our dd was 4, and POR when she was 6. I know a lot of people like the value resorts for the theming for the kids, and our dd did as well - loved the pool and the giant dalmations. But last time we went, dh and I wanted to try POR, dd loved it just as much if not more, and we liked POR more that ASM ourselves.

The things we liked better:
1. pretty and tranquil (was surprised to find that dd appreciated that, too)
2.lots of birds walking around (ibis?) that dd fed at almost every opportunity - we have so many pictures of her feeding birds, I think we fed every bird on disney property.
3. She wanted to do the fishing at the fishing hole. We never got to it, but she's been reminding us already that she didn't do it last time and really wants to this time!
4. She liked the slide at the pool b/c it was just a simple curve. As a parent, I prefered this pool b/c it was themed and pleasant, but a lot calmer and quieter than the one as ASM - but may have just been coincidental.
5. She liked the boats (there's one to DTD).
6. We peeked in at the piano bar singer - she like that.

So all told, we are going back to POR this September with dd now turning 8 and other dd 18 months. Yes, the ASM was fine for her and she enjoyed it, but we enjoyed POR more, and she loved it as well - in fact there was more at POR for her to enjoy. I thought I'd pass this along since our dd was the same age as yours will be. We had a perfectly fine time at ASM, but we are shelling out the extra cash for the experience as POR. Hope this helps!

KatMark
07-02-2009, 10:29 PM
When our kids were that age, we stayed at the Contemporary and the Poly. When they got older we stayed at the CSR. The CSR is their favorite resort (oldest DS is now at the Caribbean--he said it's nice, but he likes CSR better). You can't go wrong with any Disney resort--go with the theme that appeals to you the most.

kemps@wdw
07-05-2009, 08:49 PM
As you can see, we are WL fans. As your kids are younger and you'll probably be spending more time @ MK, the WL will get you closer to the park and is the cheaper of the deluxes. Not to mention, how FAB the resort is! The lobby alone is a sight to see, bunkbeds are available, in-room fridges are standard, WCC is a great place for kids to eat, the pool/hot tub/geyser area is northwoods all the way, and MK is just a short boat ride away, as is Fort Wilderness (if you're goin to the Hoop-Dee-Doo, which you SHOULD!). And @ night, you can just head on down to the beach if you want to see the water light parade. Maybe it's just me, but we seem to spend less time on transportation when we stay @ WL, as opposed to the other resorts we've stayed at. :thumbsup:

wdw_bound
07-05-2009, 09:13 PM
We stayed at the cabins last time, which was great - it was so nice to be able to put the kids to bed and still sit up reading/chatting. There is also a ton to do at the campground, and it is very tranquil after the hub-bub of the parks. We would stay in the cabins again without hesitation.

That being said, we are in the early stages of planning a trip for DS's 5th birthday, and he has requested we go back to WL because "it's faster to get to the rides."

We drive down, so he is talking about the fact that to get to MK, you need to use either the bus or golf cart to get to the boat launch.

Either the cabins or WL - you can't go wrong!

Have a great trip! :mickey:

andreallybadeggs
07-06-2009, 12:40 PM
2 year old might like the "big toys" at the values and I'm sure your 6 yr. old would as well. The mods are lovely, very family friendly. But if $ is not a consideration then I'd go for a monorail resort and, in particular, one with a MK view. That, to me, is the quintessential magical vacation.

WelshieLover
07-06-2009, 01:14 PM
I would recommend the Beach or Yacht Club. With young children being so close to 2 parks is wonderful. You will only need bus transportation to AK and MK. Additionally you cannot beat the Stormalong Bay pool complex with children. It compares to none other on property.