PDA

View Full Version : Tips to Celebrate 10th Anniversary

momofdisneyprincess
07-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Hi folks,

I have seen some threads on here about celebrating an anniversary. I was hoping I could get some more ideas. We were originally looking to go to Sedona, AZ but due to the lack of availability with Interval International (timeshare exchange company) we are limited to Orlando. I know...it could be worse.;) I can begin making my ADR's on Monday and have to make them one day at a time since we are staying off site. We have been to Disney many times with children but the without children is new to me. I'm sure it will make me miss my children more and I will say, "I wish they were here" so I am looking for tips where I wouldn't necessarily say that. Thanks in advance for your tips. I always get the best advice on this board.:thumbsup:

I forgot to mention - it will be October 3 - 10th during the F&W Festival

tinksmom02
07-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Happy early anniversary to you! We're celebrating our 10th on October 10. We're headed to Disney a month early to celebrate.

I don't know that I have any great ideas for you--while I'm jealous you're going w/o kids, I don't know that I could go to WDW w/o my daughter!--but how about a nice, romantic meal somewhere? We're headed to Narcoossee's to celebrate.

Or, since it's just the 2 of you, why don't you do one of the tours? keys to the kingdom or something?

Hope that helps! :party:

faline
07-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Sorry you didn't get to Sedona! It really is gorgeous there! But - since you're stuck with going to Disney (oh my!)! ;), I'm sure you'll have a wonderful anniversary!

You might want to check out some of these idea for romance at Disney World (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp)!

momofdisneyprincess
07-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Thank you both for the wonderful tips. October 10th is my actual anniversary too...small world. Faline, thank you for your link as well. You always provide the best info.:thumbsup:

nicster
07-06-2009, 11:46 AM
:congrats:On your 10 years! I am posting to say: There is life after children! :secret: It is a different life, and don't get me wrong, I love my kids (32 &35 yo now). That being said, let yourself enjoy the time without them without guilt or remorse. Focus on each other, that's how all this started in the first place! As for suggestions: we are celebrating 38 years and will be doing the Hoop Dee Doo, Luau, & the Back Stage Magic during our stay in September. Again, congratulations!

Urbss
07-07-2009, 06:17 PM
My wife and I celebrated our 11th anniversary at WDW last fall. Her parents were with us so I arranged for them to watch our son and made an adr for Le Cellier in the World Showcase.

We had a wonderful steak dinner with very good wine and I pre-ordered a cake to be brought to our table to surprise her.

What was really surprising was we had a balloon and an autographed picture/card from Mickey and Minnie waiting in our room when we returned. They must have know because of the anniversary cake that I ordered ( I guess?)

Happy Anniversary!!!!