PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions!

Lizzy
07-02-2009, 10:40 AM
I am going to Beach Club 15-17, and my boyfriend and I will be in Epcot on the 16th.

He has only been to Epcot once when he was a kid, and doesn't remember it all that well so this will be a very special trip, not to mention the 16th is my birthday. We already have lunch ressies at Biergarten that day, but are trying to decide on dinner.

Here's the tricky part, I do not eat seafood and it is my birthday so we want a place that the majority of the food is for land lovers! My boyfriend, while is not a picky eater, doesn't want to eat at San Angel.

We want to make sure we are done with dinner in plenly of time for Illuminations spot.

I was looking over the menus posted here on Intercot, and we just can't decide. Help please!

SBETigg
07-02-2009, 10:47 AM
After lunch at Biergarten, I'm not sure you'll be hungry for dinner in time to be out for a prime spot for Illuminations. Not to mention that you only have the one day and the time it takes for two sit down meals will eat into your time to do other things. If experiencing the restaurants is your objective, this works. But Biergarten food is very heavy and filling and I can't even imagine this working out for you. I would plan my big birthday celebration meal for lunch time and plan on getting counter service in time for Illuminations. That way, you can eat as you wait for the show.

Otherwise, there's a chance that Rose & Crown will have seating and you can stay there and watch Illuminations from their viewing area, or from your table if you're lucky enough to get a patio spot, allowing you to eat a little later and still see the show.

Lizzy
07-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I thought about that, but we both have fast motabolisms and love food. :blush: I have been to Epcot a hundred times and am really looking to relax and just enjoy my favorites this trip. We are planning on getting APs for Christmas so we are not worried about missing stuff, except Illuminations. It's also extra magic hour in the morning that day for us so we can catch a few things early anyway.

The BF is great, he just keeps saying "Whatever you want to do" but also made it sound like he would really like to try a sit down dinner as well.

Sora1978
07-02-2009, 10:59 AM
I would recommend Teppan Edo in Japan. It is a traditional japanese steakhouse w/ hibachi tables. I don't like seafood either and I was very happy with the steak and chicken. My only complaint was that you don't get a lot of food, but if you are having an early dinner after a big lunch this could be just the place for you.

ThanxForNoticin
07-02-2009, 12:21 PM
I would recommend Teppan Edo in Japan.

I agree 100%. Great food and service.

bruin1344
07-02-2009, 01:14 PM
I would recommend Teppan Edo in Japan. It is a traditional japanese steakhouse w/ hibachi tables. I don't like seafood either and I was very happy with the steak and chicken. My only complaint was that you don't get a lot of food, but if you are having an early dinner after a big lunch this could be just the place for you.

Otherwise, there's a chance that Rose & Crown will have seating and you can stay there and watch Illuminations from their viewing area, or from your table if you're lucky enough to get a patio spot, allowing you to eat a little later and still see the show.

Both suggestions are right on, lecellier is another good one

wire0monkey
07-02-2009, 01:29 PM
We really love Rose & Crown, too.

HoosierDisneyFan
07-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Le Cellier if you are a steak lover.

PixieMagic
07-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Le Cellier or Teppan Edo.....:eat:

Mfarquar
07-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Another vote for Teppan Edo! I was very pleasantly surprised with this restaurant during out last trip. So much so, we're doing it again this time around in September!

The food was top quality, the service was fantastic (especially dealing with my dad's seafood allergy), and it took just the right length of time.

I highly recommend it!

edhunter28
07-06-2009, 12:26 PM
For lunch head to the electric umbrella(really good burgers)& le cellier steakhouse for dinner