PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Doo Revue Seating

Sora1978
07-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Do you think it is worth it to pay for Category 1 seating to the HDDR? I am thinking it would be worth it to pay the extra $10 per ticket if you couldn't see well from Cat 2 and 3. Anyone have an opinion? I would hate to pay to get in and spend the whole time craining my neck to see.

Also, do you think a 12 year old girl would enjoy the performance? I remember loving it as a kid but I was much younger when I saw the show.

TheRustyScupper
07-02-2009, 01:58 PM
1) Better seats ALWAYS cost more - Broadway or HDDR.
2) Regardless of what people say.
3) Repeat, regardless of what people say.
4) Categories
. . . Cat-1, floor level and back to 2/3 of house
. . . Cat-2, back 2/3 of house to rear of room and some balcony
. . . Cat-3, all balcony, 1/2 of table cranks neck, some views blocked by posts

NOTE: HDDR tables in each category are assigned by the date of the ressie. Earlier ressies get the better tables. The exception are tables #044 and #045 which are kept open until show-day for last minute handicapped guests. Table numbers are identified as 044 = floor-level, fourth-row-from-front, fourth-table-from-left.

scootch713
07-02-2009, 05:57 PM
We had seating 2 on the dining plan and were on the floor, smack dab in the middle, about half way back, just perfect. We were definitely not 2/3 way back. yes, a 12 year old will like it. My girls, 9 and 6 1/2 absolutely loved it this past year(our first time).

TheRustyScupper
07-02-2009, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE=scootch713;1914748]We had seating 2 on the dining plan and were on the floor, smack dab in the middle, about half way back, just perfect. We were definitely not 2/3 way back. [QUOTE]

1) You lucked out and got one of the two handicapped tables.
2) This, I guarantee.
3) Cat-2 begins further back.
4) This, I also guarantee.

HoosierDisneyFan
07-02-2009, 08:43 PM
I have been in both Cat 2 seating and Cat 3. Thought I enjoyed both, the Cat 2 seating was preferred. If you are on DDP I would suggest staying with Cat 2 (not worth the extra) in my opinion.

andreallybadeggs
07-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Have been twice--
1) First time Cat. 2 view was only OK but our server was fantastic-- loved it.
2) Second time-- Cat. 1, our server was only OK but our view was great and we had good interaction with the performers-- loved it.
BTW, we were on the dining plan the second time & waited for the late show so we could get Cat 1.
3) Would have to know your 12 yr. old better to give an unqualified yes but our 15 yr old DD certainly loved it.

kemps@wdw
07-05-2009, 09:19 PM
We have been seated @ all areas, and have never been disappointed w/any of them. When we went w/our large family party, we were seated @ a large table stage front, and the Players danced around our table. When we went w/just the 3 of us, we were seated on the upper level, and truly enjoyed this vantage point as well, since we could see the entire lower level, but we were not forgotten, as the Players came up and visited w/us there too. So, really the only seating that would be less than perfect would be the area in the rear next to the entrance.

Disney Diva 71
07-06-2009, 02:07 PM
We have seen the show several times. We have never been disappointed in the seats. We took a 3 year old and he was glued to it!

ransam
07-06-2009, 04:09 PM
i am very excited to go...
can't wait.

what kind of show is it?

iceicebritney
07-06-2009, 04:30 PM
I do not think it is worth it. We've never paid for it and always end up in decent range of the stage AND the participants do come out into the crowd A LOT. They sing songs all over the dining room, along with involving every kid in the dining room in a number of songs at different occasions. I would just go with the basic, from experience.

Figment78
07-07-2009, 01:18 PM
I was 12 the first time I saw HDD and LOVED it! Still love it. But you have to appreciate "Disney" style humor (corny puns, etC). If your 12 year old does, she'll enjoy it! If she's anything like I was she'll probably get all dreamy about the cast member in the purple suit (paired with the blond girl). ;) :secret:

I've sat in all categories. I've had good and bad seats in all of them but I prefer the bad Category 1 seats to the bad Category 3 seats. I would definitely go at least Category 2. Go Category 1 if you can afford to and want to but the previous posters are right about the performers going all through the audience, even the balconies.

DVCDisneyMom
07-07-2009, 02:04 PM
In my opinion, the Category 1 seats are well worth it!! We were just there in November with our 4 and 6 year olds, and the location was perfect! They were so in to the show due to our location! We had a blast!!!