PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay

hardingella
07-02-2009, 05:32 AM
I posted a thread a few days ago asking your help the choose where to stay, AKL or BC ?. Now we have decided not to stay at AKL but are now considereing the Contemporary, but when we have been there in the past we wondered where you have breakfast, as DD11 DS8 love getting pancakes in the morning. So to help me can you tell me where you get breakfast, is it any good and how would you rate it with BC?:mickey: Oh, and we would be staying in a garden room, not a tower room:(

pox24
07-02-2009, 08:17 AM
The garden rooms are located in the detached south wing of the resort. You would have to walk to the tower to eat. At the BC all is much closer however you don't get the convenience of having the MK so close. You do however have Epcot which you can easily walk to and Studios, just a short boat ride away. Having stayed both places more than once in garden rooms, I would still choose the CR. :thumbsup:

WishesFan13
07-02-2009, 08:46 AM
I haven't stayed at either but have stayed at YC. Yacht club was really nice because of the location, we are epcot lovers though. DH and i have wanted to stay at CR and just bought into BLT so we'll be staying next year. I think either one will be great with location and amenities. As far as breakfast, my SIL told me there is a quick service next to Chef Mickey's at CR that's similar to Captain Cook's at Poly. You order off of a touch screen and then pick it up when it's ready. I don't know the name, I'm sure they are open for breakfast just not sure if they have pancakes. I know Captain Cook's didn't have pancakes they had the Michey waffles. With BC you have the character breakfast at Cape May Cafe but that is a table service and would take more time and $. I don't think there is a quick service for breakfast at YC or BC, but i'm not positive, it's been a few years since we stayed there. And you have in-room dining with both, but again that's expensive. I'm sure someone will come along soon that can tell you about the restaurants. Have a great trip.

gueli
07-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Think Poly.

great location.
easy access breakfast or restaurant.
Monorail.
Near all transport (TTC).
Nice rooms (many recently updated).
The Volcano Pool.
The quiet pool.

Not far from magic kingdom or epcot (via monorail).
Unlike AKL, which a friend of mine recently went to, and felt it was so far removed from the rest of everything else- along with 'spotty' bus service (her words)- the poly or contemporary or GF are in prime locations.

I haven't stayed at GF or Contemporary - and I am sure with bay lake tower pool contemporary is just fine, but if I could I would be at the poly again. My DW would like the GF.
Either way- you will be in disney on vacation...
:thumbsup:

Lizzy
07-02-2009, 11:13 AM
It also depends on what appeals to you. I have never stayed at the contemporary because I didn't want to pay the price for theming that is not my favorite.

While I would choose the Beach Club, the Contemporary has a lot to offer as well. Good luck in your choice!

ThanxForNoticin
07-02-2009, 12:36 PM
With BC you have the character breakfast at Cape May Cafe but that is a table service and would take more time and $. I don't think there is a quick service for breakfast at YC or BC, but i'm not positive, it's been a few years since we stayed there.

A couple years ago they opened up a counter service option called the Marketplace at BC. It's part of the souvenir shop that's been there for years. They have some great morning selections, but I honestly cannot recall if pancakes are on the menu.

We would definitely pick BC over CR, but we tend to spend more time at EPCOT and DHS - and also at the pool - so BC makes more sense for us.

Have a great trip, wherever you end up staying!

hardingella
07-04-2009, 04:54 AM
We did, after hours of thinking and reading your feedback, we decided to stay at the BC. Thank you. Only 319 days to go:woohoo:

wdwfansince75
07-04-2009, 09:04 AM
The great part of Disney plans is that they are as much fun to change as they are to make. Don't make a final decision until you have to.
We stayed many times in the CR wings...actually, we preferred the late North Wing, mainly because of the convenience of the late Food and Fun Center....which used to serve great Pancakes and Bacon (or sausages) for breakfast....I would often have an early breakfast from the F&FC while sitting on the patio, or the dock....great way to start a WDW day!
DW loved to order room service....great pancakes (and omelets).....also a great way to start the day.

For couples with children at the age of your kids, the CR offers a great deal, including the short walk to the MK....or the exciting Monorail ride for MK and EPCOT....and the parking lot for the South Wing is very convenient...makes trips to DTD, DHS, DAK, or Walmart or Publix for supplies extremely convient if you have a car. And the bus stop is a short walk through the lobby if you don't have a car.

Among other conveniences at that age....the Electric Water Parade is a fun watch....and the CR has lots of good views of Wishes....and FW (Trails End, the Campfire and movies, and Hoop DeeDo) and WL (Whispering Canyon) are short boat rides away....

As with most WDW adventures, there are truly no wrong answers. Neither CR nor BC is a bad choice....plan each...do your touring plan from each resort....Each time I suggested BC, for all of the reasons the other posters suggested, DW said, "cause I'm the Mom, and I said so!"....with that logic, and long ago memories, I agreed....CR it was! We did try WL once, and she said, "See, I told you so!"