PDA

View Full Version : Boma??

Kaps
07-01-2009, 10:18 PM
I have three boys ranging from 7 to 13. My oldest is very hard to feed. His idea of a good meal is a hamburger and fries. Has anyone been to Boma's that can tell me about the selection for dinners? Is it a good restaurant for picky kids?

StitchFan#1
07-01-2009, 10:34 PM
1 Word Buffet

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-01-2009, 10:54 PM
DD and I are super pickey - we ate mac & cheese and chicken fingers (and the chocolate chip cookies!) at Boma.

DH LOVED the food though!

Gregandmel
07-02-2009, 09:18 AM
We have not been, but are hoping to try Boma on our next trip. I asked a similar question a while back and got very positive response that even the pickiest eaters were happy! Have a great time and if nothing else - it'll be a fun new experience.

Disney Doll
07-02-2009, 09:30 AM
A few years ago we took our 7 yr old nephew who is the world's pickiest kid. He doesn't even like PBJ. I think he ate mostly chicken fingers and cookies, but he was fine. DH is not a very adventurous eater..more of a meat and potatoes guy, but he loves Boma. Since it's a buffet there's plenty to choose from.

pox24
07-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Although I personally think Boma is the best buffet at WDW, you may want to to a more traditional buffet like Chef Mickey's. My wife is a picky eater.She prefers CMickey's.

ransam
07-02-2009, 09:55 AM
best i can tell you is it depends.
I loved it....my sister hated it...

PlutoPlanet
07-02-2009, 11:45 AM
We agree that Boma is the best buffet at WDW. They have a good kid food section.

EmmMOM2
07-02-2009, 11:53 AM
We have eaten at Boma.
Myself and both my children are picky eaters.
Needless to say all 3 of us ate from the childrens selections..as the food there was not to my liking.

If you are picky you might as well go elsewhere.
why go to a place like boma and spend the money for mac and cheese and chicken strips?? you know?

ThanxForNoticin
07-02-2009, 12:16 PM
We've had picky eaters go with us to Boma and enjoy it just fine. And the rest of us 'non-picky' eaters got to enjoy one of the best meals at Disney!

There should be plenty at Boma for your picky eater to enjoy, while the rest of you can enjoy all the wonderful selections they have there - including the desserts! Hope you give it a try.

Daddy Mouse
07-02-2009, 12:23 PM
It would depend on if the picky eater will try new things. Boma is a good meal and the flavors of food are very pleasing. I'm not a picky eater and DW really like to try things. We really enjoyed Boma, but I wouldn't go there to eat Mac & Cheese.

mshomeschoolmom
07-02-2009, 12:44 PM
We haven't tried Boma but are thinking about trying it when we go in Oct. I make my ADR"S Sunday.
Is their food spicy?

Kaps
07-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks for all the responses we will give ut a try:)

LandFan
07-07-2009, 10:17 AM
We haven't tried Boma but are thinking about trying it when we go in Oct. I make my ADR"S Sunday.
Is their food spicy?

Spicy as in hot, no.

Spicy as in do they use spices in their dishes, yes. They use spices in different combinations than we are used to, that's all. They tend to use curry and cinnamon in some of their dishes (not together though :D)

It's really good - a great place to try new things - the dishes aren't outrageously different - just gently different.

Familyof4
07-08-2009, 08:57 PM
A close friend of mine recently went to Boma and didn't have a pleasant experience. The food was a bit spicy, so I am not sure it would be great picky eaters. You could call and see to be sure.

prttynpnk
07-09-2009, 10:30 AM
we've eaten numerous times at Boma for dinner and breakfast and never seen any unhappy kids- I say go for it.

Goes4FastPass
07-09-2009, 10:51 AM
I think Boma seems scary to people who haven't been there but there are many things to choose from that are will be very familiar.

Also,

There are standard kid's choices - chicken fingers and such that your teenage boys should have no hesitence about helping themselves to.

Rosemickey68
07-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Boma is one of our favorite places to eat. We had a picky eater with us and she found plenty to eat.
What is great about Boma is....it's a buffet, the pods are set up where the chef/staff bring dishes up to the pods and you can ask them what is in the dish, there is your typical kids foods (mac & cheese, Chicken fingers). I do agree that if mac & cheese and chicken fingers, etc is all the kids will eat it is alot of $$$$ to spend, but if they are the type of picky eater that is willing to try new things this is a great place to go, just tell them to ask what is in the dishes..it works for us!:mickey:

Pooshu11
07-11-2009, 12:01 AM
We just came back from DW and tried Boma for the first time-loved it! I think it's a very upscale buffet. The food there is very "safe" in my opinion. I had reservations about going there at first, but food is very delish. As for the younger ones who don't want to venture, they had chicken fingers, penne w/ meatballs and sauce, fries, and mac & cheese, just like what the other previous posters stated. And the dessert selection is truely amazing :mickey:.

mainemajor
07-12-2009, 11:12 AM
There is something for everyone there :mickey:. I'm sure your boys will enjoy themselves a lot there.

Mom2princesses
07-16-2009, 11:30 PM
We went to Boma for the very first time in June. We LOOOOVED it! The food is just delicious! There are plenty of choices. I don't like Currey at all and I had lots of choices. This buffet is definitely the best buffet at WDW.

My too kids loved it as well. All in our party did. My older dd is a veggie too! She loved it too.

We did a few buffets this time around mostly for the kids but this one was without a doubt the BEST!

Chef Mickey's was the worst!

mouseneer
07-17-2009, 02:31 AM
Boma is a very special place because it's more than just a buffet. They offer foods that are unique to Africa, and you'll try things there that you might not ever have the chance to try again anywhere else. Plus, they have familiar favorites that everyone likes.

DisneyAggies
07-17-2009, 09:49 AM
We love Boma! Our 2 DS's (ages 4 and 2) enjoy it as well--they typically don't get anything from the 'children's buffet' section. I don't consider them overly adventurous eaters, but they do enjoy a variety of foods.

DH is not a very adventurous eater and really enjoys Boma as well.

The food IS NOT spicy. It's seasoned differently than we're used to, though. Some things are sweet tasting--even though you're expecting them to taste differently.