PDA

View Full Version : Disney Quest quandree

andreallybadeggs
07-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Been a long time since I took my sons here so need a more recent perspective. Taking 7 and 10 year old nephews to WDW soon. Thought they might really enjoy DQ but as of today the younger one is 50" tall and looks as though some of the more fun attractions require 51". Should we:
a) go anyway
b) skip it
c) put lifts in the kid's shoes :mickey:
?????
PS... I do realize that "quandree" is incorrect. Should have a couple more "e's", right? ; )

StitchFan#1
07-01-2009, 10:32 PM
C cracked me up!:bunny: Um Id say go on it anyways! One whopin inch they wont mind its like a kid whose not allowed t have the big kid toys ad Burger King and getting the big toy!

VWL Mom
07-02-2009, 08:03 AM
No more e's - quandary :D

I think it depends on when you will be going. The first time we went, it was great - stayed for a few hours and the boys enjoyed themselves. The 2nd time it was so crowded you could not move inside and there were long lines for everything. Very expensive 30 minutes.

PlutoPlanet
07-02-2009, 12:26 PM
I think most boys would love DQ.

Piglet822
07-03-2009, 07:49 PM
You don't say when your trip is, is it possible your son might grow that inch by the time you travel?
I will say if he does not make the height requirement he will not be allowed to go on the ride. If the requirement is 51" it's for a reason.
I know it can be quite disappointing to not be able to ride something because you don't quite make it but it is for your child's safety.
I say measure him again before you go and decide from there.

andreallybadeggs
07-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the replies...the trip is pronto, like 10 days so not much chance the lad will grow an inch although he may still be taller than Tom Cruise at this point and I'd bet they'd let HIM ride the big toys. :D Anyhoo (comes from the same Latin origin as quandree") -- think we will likely go, assuming we can find a time that's not too crowded. We'll double check with a CM on the 51 " rides but not push it if they say no and just let him enjoy the rest of DQ. They seem the perfect age and don't think another trip is anywhere in their foreseeable future so why not? Happy 4th!

Piglet822
07-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Oh, I didn't realize the trip was that close. Tell him to eat lots of green vegetables (anything to get them to eat their veggies, lol)
I'm sure you'll have a memorable trip, enjoy :mickey:

andreallybadeggs
07-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Oh, I didn't realize the trip was that close. Tell him to eat lots of green vegetables (anything to get them to eat their veggies, lol)
I'm sure you'll have a memorable trip, enjoy :mickey:

One whole week of spinach coming your way young man! ;)

thrillme
07-06-2009, 08:25 AM
There's only one that I can think of where there "might" be a problem and that's cyber mountian.

Actually by then you might be surprised that he's fine. Worse case scenerio...if he can't actually ride he may still enjoy making up a roller coaster that will shake ya'll up like crazy:D