PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier lunch vs. dinner

momofdisneyprincess
07-01-2009, 03:46 PM
I am almost at my 90 day point so I want to get my list of ADR's in order. In case I cannot get dinner at Le Cellier (likely, I know) I wanted to try for lunch. I noticed the meal I wanted (mushroom filet) was on both the lunch and dinner menu. Is there a difference in portion size between the two? Did anyone else notice a big difference in eating lunch there rather than dinner? I know the menu is a bit different but I was wondering if any other differences were noted. Thanks in advance!!

Sora1978
07-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Is there a difference in portion size between the two? Did anyone else notice a big difference in eating lunch there rather than dinner?

I had lunch there in January and it seemed that the lunch portion was comparable to what I would get for dinner in any comparable steakhouse. It was probably a 7 oz filet. Never had the opportunity to eat dinner there so I can't comment on the dinner portions.

P.S. If you get a reservation try the beer and cheese soup. The best bowl of soup I have ever had anywhere.:number1:

TiggerD
07-01-2009, 07:13 PM
We have eaten there for both lunch and dinner and there seemed to be no difference in proportions. I also recommend the soup and the Maple Creme Brulee for dessert.:mickey:

mainemajor
07-01-2009, 08:38 PM
We have eaten there for both lunch and dinner and there seemed to be no difference in proportions. I also recommend the soup and the Maple Creme Brulee for dessert.:mickey:

I'll second everythig here. We are going for lunch in 49 days

faline
07-01-2009, 08:41 PM
We did lunch there on a last minute weekend trip where we were seated as a walk-in. Lunch was excellent and felt less frenetic than dining there at dinner. I'd go for lunch again!

MinnieMommie
07-02-2009, 06:28 AM
Have done both lunch and dinner and can definitely recommend the lunch. It was a more relaxed experience but the steak DD had was smaller than the dinner size. The cheddar cheese soup is one of my favorites! :mickey:

TheVBs
07-02-2009, 03:15 PM
I've had the entree you're interested in for both lunch and dinner, and I think they were the same size. I think it's a good choice for either time.

moe513
07-04-2009, 04:20 PM
We did lunch last trip because thats the only adr I could get. We had a great CM and it was a great experience. I think the dinner has a fuller menu which would have been better for me because I dont eat beef. Next trip we got dinner adrs and am very excited.

KatMark
07-04-2009, 05:29 PM
We did lunch the first four times and finally did dinner last year. I would do either again--both were outstanding.

Septbride2002
07-04-2009, 07:38 PM
We really liked Le Cellier for a late lunch - got a reservation at like 3:30 and it was an awesome meal and the place was empty.

~Amanda

ransam
07-04-2009, 08:05 PM
great choice....the lunch we had was so good and very filling.

edhunter28
07-06-2009, 12:49 PM
go for dinner if availible.the food is excellent