PDA

View Full Version : WDW Weather Forecast - July 31-August 16, 2009

Strmchsr
07-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Each day in July, I'll update this first post with the forecast, both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Updated Friday am, July 31, 2009
Hot and steamy today with a high 91-93, but with the high humidity the heat index will be around 100. Scattered afternoon thunderstorms will fire up along the sea breeze and with all the moisture in the air any downpours will be extremely heavy. That pretty much describes the forecast through next Wednesday. Exact same forecast each day. Now, Thursday and Friday the rain chances look a little higher and the highs will be a degree or two lower - 90-92.

Long range...August 8-15 looks to continue the same general trend. Highs in the low 90s with isolated afternoon thunderstorms each day. Humidity will remain high so expect the heat index to stay around 100.

Travel Impact :plane: :truck: :drive:
At 7:15 am CDT, Atlanta is facing delays due to thunderstorms, then low clouds are causing delays at Baltimore, Dulles, Newark, JFK, La Guardia, and Philly. For tomorrow, once again, DC to Boston could see delays then across MS, AL, and GA.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here (http://homepage.mac.com/lesposen/iblog/B80495344/C2128971884/E162746321/index.html) and here (http://homepage.mac.com/lesposen/iblog/B80495344/C2128971884/index.html) to learn a lot about turbulence. Those two articles should be very helpful in allowing you to understand turbulence and flight safety when it hits. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!

Tropics :fan:
No sign of any tropical storm formation across the Atlantic basin through early next week.

Since we are in Hurricane Season, click here (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/hurricane-policy/) to view Walt Disney World's Complete hurricane policy for 2009.

Lucyrella
07-02-2009, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the updates... we are Disney/CoCoa Beach bound tomorrow, from Evansville the weather looks unpredictable. I am hoping for some sunshine. We arrive on Saturday and leave on the 11th.

Have a great 4th Chris!:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
07-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Be safe on the trip, Carol Ann. I hope you have a good one. Your weather at Cocoa Beach will be pretty close to what I've listed here for WDW, so after tomorrow things should improve.

Have a great 4th!!

Lucyrella
07-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks... we are so ready for some R&R!

I will watch your reports from our laptop!

Happy 4th again!

Carol Ann:pixie:

Bethanymouse
07-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the updates! We are getting married in disney on July 31.....lets pray for no rain!!!

Strmchsr
07-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the updates! We are getting married in disney on July 31.....lets pray for no rain!!!

Congrats!!! I know you're excited!

LarryBoy
07-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Weather.com is showing some days with highs in the mid to upper 80's. Is that a possibility? We are having unseasonably nice weather in Atlanta, could this cold front affect Disney World?

Strmchsr
07-18-2009, 09:10 PM
Sorry for no update today. My brother in law was killed today in an automobile accident, so it's been a crazy day for my family.

As for the question...yeah it's possible. The latest models are bringing the front further south than they were yesterday, but just 50 miles will make the difference. I think it stalls near Orlando, but whether north or south I don't think we'll be able to say until tomorrow. It'll be comfortable and around 90, maybe a couple of degrees under, regardless.

LarryBoy
07-18-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm so sorry about your brother-in-law. Your family will be in my prayers. Thank you for taking the time to respond on such a sad day.

BelleCiavo
07-19-2009, 07:46 PM
{{Chris}} Praying for your sister and entire family.

badkitty
07-19-2009, 08:10 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Pally
07-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Sorry to hear your family's loss. Many prayers sent.

Bethanymouse
07-20-2009, 12:38 AM
Thoughts and prayers for you during this difficult time.

AuntKari
07-20-2009, 01:46 AM
Looks like you have many of us praying for your family. So sorry to hear this tragic news Chris and we send our best wishes for peace to your family. Aunt Kari

Dsnygirl
07-20-2009, 02:13 AM
Chris, I'm so sorry for your loss... we'll be sending prayers and pixie dust your family's way for sure. :(

DisneyHoneymooners
07-20-2009, 01:07 PM
I am so sorry for your loss and I hope you find some comfort in all the prayers being sent to you and your family.
May his memory be eternal...

BMan62
07-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Thoughts and prayers in this trying time, Chris. :pixie:

Losing family is always difficult. Just know that the support of all your Intercot friends is at your command!! :grouphug:

badkitty
07-21-2009, 12:23 AM
Special prayers go out to you and support for the funeral.

mouseketeer mom
07-21-2009, 09:24 PM
I just hopped on this thread to check weather for our upcoming trip and I am so very sad to hear of your families loss. A hug from me to your family.