PDA

View Full Version : Swan/Dolphin Dine and Dream Plan

Disney_Barbie
07-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Anyone know more about the Dine & Dream plan. I just noticed it on the swan & dolphin website & was shocked that I didn't hear it around these boards first. The website describes it as : Enjoy breakfast and dinner in select restaurants for only $89 (tax and gratuity included!) when you stay 2 - 7 nights!

Anyone know more info? I'm assuming it's only appicable @ the S&D eateries, but anyone know more specifics like which eateries (it does say select) or what's included (app, entree,dessert???)
THANKS!

TiggerTopper
07-02-2009, 03:57 PM
From Swan and Dolphin site:

Be among the first to book our new dining package! Book a two night minimum stay, and for an additional $89 per adult / per day, (minimum two adults) enjoy breakfast and dinner (tax and gratuity included) in several of the resort's world-class restaurants.* From Todd English’s bluezoo, to Shula’s Steak House, Il Mulino New York Trattoria and others, delight in the award-winning dining options that the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort is known for.

Children age 12 and under receive complimentary breakfast and dinner when accompanied by a paying adult (one child per adult).

Guests may enjoy entrées from our prix fixe menus for dinner at Todd English’s bluezoo, Shula’s Steak House or Il Mulino New York Trattoria and breakfast at Garden Grove or Fresh Mediterranean Market.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-04-2009, 09:20 PM
As much as I'm a fan of the S&D, this sounds like a lot of money. Plus you'd have to keep running back to the resort to eat taking away valuable park time.

omearac
07-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Wow, for the four of us going in September (and two are children 11yrs. old) that would be $396 a day for food!!!!! A day!!! That's a lot of money invested in food.

I would never justify spending that much money every day of our trip unless it was miracle food that was entirely healthy with NO fattening or processed, or unhealthy ingredients. :nono: I think I would have a great love for fine food to enternain the idea of spending over $2,000 in food for a six day trip. And, as PAYROLL PRINCESS pointed out, you would have to return to the resort every night for dinner.

I always look for healthy foods anyway, but we can get that at WDW for much less on the DDP. Now, I would spend that much on a nice dinner show one night for our family, but it would have to be spectacular. :)

omearac
07-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Oops, I just noticed that children 12 yrs. & younger are complimentary. Still a lot of money though. :D

Disney_Barbie
07-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Anyone know if you must purchase for the full-length of your stay (just as the disney dining plan is) ?
This sounds like it could be an ok deal if the "fixed menus" offered a good selection, but like other poster's have pointed out, even when we stay @ the Swan/Dolphin I do enjoy a few dinners there thru-out the week but wouldn't want to plan on having to head back there every night.
But I would consider trying it, if it was possible to purchase for only 2 or 3 nights of my stay. Well, and I'd have to see some kind of idea of that "fixed menu" before I went ahead & purchased it.
I adore the Swan/Dolphin, but I will admit I feel like they often do things like this. They post offers or something on their site, but don't provide any way of reading up on all the details, thus you're forced to make an uneducated choice, which I HATE doing! Or I supose calling with a list of questions about it (which I also hate doing, I much prefer online researching)

Figment!
07-06-2009, 11:11 AM
The Staff is currently looking into finding out more details from our contacts at the Swan & Dolphin... stay tuned ...

Disney_Barbie
07-06-2009, 12:05 PM
The Staff is currently looking into finding out more details from our contacts at the Swan & Dolphin... stay tuned ...

Oh wow, great thanks!

Figment!
07-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Here's some Q&A directly with the hotel:

Does the plan need to be purchased for the full-length of your stay?

No, {Guests} can stay two nights with the Dine & Dream and then have a different rate the other nights.

What type of selection do the prix fixe menus offer?

It’s a good variety to choose from. {We} are trying to get the menus so {we} can post them online.

Is there any further information avilable that could be provided so that we may answer our Guests questions who are considering purchasing the plan?

It would be best for guests to call the hotel at 888-828-8850 if they have additional questions.

Disney_Barbie
07-09-2009, 08:39 AM
No, {Guests} can stay two nights with the Dine & Dream and then have a different rate the other nights.

So this sentence confuses me. Is the Dream & Dine Plan a rate or like an add-on? Our reservations are already booked under the great deal of $119/nt that was limitedly offered back in May.
I assumed this Dream & Dine plan was an add-on that you could additionally purchase (say for example similar to purchasing the disney dinning plan to go along with a room reservation).
But is it more of a rate on it's own (say for example the way you can get free disney dinning during the offer, but you must pay rack rate for your room) Would I have to be paying rack rates in order to add the Dream & Dine plan?

I assumed it would just be an additional add-on that you could add-onto a reservation no matter what price you paid for your room, but the usage of the sentence "then have a different rate the other nights" by the S&D contact confused me :confused:

Figment!
07-09-2009, 11:06 AM
My initial impression was that dropping the add-on cost for subsequent nights would yield a "different rate". Basically looking at your room rate + the add-on cost as one "rate" and then just your room rate as a "different rate".

No information so far has indicated the need for a rack rate to use this package.