PDA

View Full Version : I Dont Know!

Twinkletoes77705
07-01-2009, 11:38 AM
We have a trip planned to go to DW in January. I love this time of year. However I was looking at my book and thought....wow it would be neat to go the second week of Dec. and see all the decorations... My question is...I dont want to go and see a bunch of cranes putting up lights around the castle :shake: . How does that work? Do you think they are finished by the second week in Dec. If you have been during Christmas would you say it was a whole new exsp.?

disneymom15
07-01-2009, 12:11 PM
We've been there the first week of Dec and the lights were up and cranes were gone.

Strmchsr
07-01-2009, 12:14 PM
The Christmas events are in full swing by Thanksgiving. MVMCP starts mid-November and all of the Epcot events and Osborne Lights start right after Thanksgiving this year, so everything is definitely up by mid-December.

SallyMcQueen
07-01-2009, 12:17 PM
We were there the first week of December and everything was beautiful and twinkly at that time. Some of the best pictures were of the castle.

Twinkletoes77705
07-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Sounds really nice...I think I might talk to my mom and see if she would like to go then too. I think my kids would like it too. What about MVMCP...worth it?

Marceline
07-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Yep, absolutely the light are up and running by December. They want to hit the ground running with all the Christmas decor just before Thanksgiving.

We adore this time of year! :thumbsup:

tinksmom02
07-01-2009, 12:30 PM
The cranes were there during both of our September trips...so I would assume, like others have said, that they'd be gone by Dec,

Strmchsr
07-01-2009, 12:39 PM
What about MVMCP...worth it?

It's worth it if you like the special parade, fireworks and shows. Not worth it just to ride the rides.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-04-2009, 11:14 AM
They had completed about 1/2 the castle when we were there last Sept so I'm sure the cranes are gone by the time they start the parties.

We did the party 4 years ago and it was a lot of fun. We concentrate more on the special events during the party rather than on the rides but we didn't have long waits for the rides either. You can also get into the park around 4pm with just the party ticket so you'd be better off eating prior to the start of the party and going on whatever rides don't have long lines. Then you can do and see all the special stuff after the party starts at 7pm.

Marilyn Michetti
07-05-2009, 12:16 PM
We go every year the first or second week in Dec. The party is fun - we've done it twice, but not worth the money for a third time. As far as the Christmas season goes, it's just joyous, and will all be gone in Jan.

We're both Sr. Citizens. Kids are grown, but we love Christmas. This is our gift to each other, and in 154 days, we'll do it again.:santa:

epceddie
07-05-2009, 02:01 PM
We went the first week of January and the decorations were still up and Christmas music was playing everywhere.
I've read that the first two weeks of December are a great time to go. Try to get tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. There's snow on Main Street U.S.A. and they serve hot chocolate!