PDA

View Full Version : Attendance

fanowalt
07-01-2009, 10:17 AM
How crowded were the parks during spring break this year?
We're looking into staying at FW next April for spring break which won't be over Easter weekend for us.But if the Parks are as busy as ever even with the economic situation we probably won't go.
Thanks for any info.

MOJoe
07-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Magic Kingdom reached capacity on more than 1 occasion during Spring Break this year. That means the park was so crowded that no one else was allowed in.

The economic situation has done little or nothing to keep people from visiting WDW.

#1donaldfan
07-01-2009, 12:22 PM
....that's too bad, as this was my question too.....I guess I got some bad information, 'cause I heard it's not generally too bad and more manageable, say compared to June / July.....

....our upcoming spring break is the first week of April.....will that time frame be the same as far as busy / crowded ???:confused::confused:

Gregandmel
07-01-2009, 01:21 PM
It's really hard to say - based on this past year there were a LOT of discounts to lure people into the parks who might not have gone otherwise. Easter 2010 is on April 4th, and from what I understand, the parks are generally extremely crowded the week before and after Easter - and then factor in Spring Break during that time as well and you have a lot of visitors. If this is the only time your schedule allows, just plan on crowds, but they can be managed by using FP's - get to the park at rope drop and have a game plan on what you want to see. The weather should be pretty mild, so at least you won't have the heat to zap you early on and hopefully the parks will be open later. Good luck to you!!!

MarkC
07-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Agree with Melissa's post above. If you stay on property, take advantage of extra magic hours and get to the parks early, you will still be able to do everything you wanted. I really notice more of an issue at the water parks and motel pools than the parks themselves during that time. Avoid getting to a park at 11am and you'll be fine. If this perspective helps, we were there this past December 28-31and we were shocked how much we did by having a plan, using fastpass and getting to the parks at opening. Believe me, you can do the same. And remember, if you don't go, you won't ride any rides or see any attractions. Just a thought. Mark