PDA

View Full Version : Bay Lake Tower Preview Video (6/29)

DVC Mike
07-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Hopefully the moderators will allow this post.

Link removed due to terms of service agreement. **If anyone would like to see the video maybe you could request the link by a PM from the originator of the post***

GothMickey
07-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Looks good. Wish I bought into it.

Ian
07-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Looks good. Glad we bought into it. ;)

MinnieMommie
07-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Great Preview Mike! And I look forward to your detailed trip report!! :thumbsup:

Horizon93
07-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Mike, thanks for posting the link. BLT looks great@ NO plans to add on there yet, but who knows.

scootch713
07-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Do you get to use the lounge(for viewing fireworks) if you are renting from a DVC member???/

Thanks for sharing the video.

MinnieMommie
07-02-2009, 06:17 AM
Do you get to use the lounge(for viewing fireworks) if you are renting from a DVC member???/

Thanks for sharing the video.

At this time access to the lounge is only for DVC members staying on points. Sorry :(

scootch713
07-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks.. thats what I figured, but thought I would ask.. :mickey:

Ian
07-02-2009, 03:13 PM
I don't believe that's correct. If you're staying on rented points, I believe you'd still be eligible to use the lounge.

Not 100% certain, but I don't think they treat people renting points the same way they do those who make cash reservations.

MinnieMommie
07-02-2009, 03:40 PM
I don't believe that's correct. If you're staying on rented points, I believe you'd still be eligible to use the lounge.

Not 100% certain, but I don't think they treat people renting points the same way they do those who make cash reservations.

The information I have from my guide (who read me the memo she had just received a couple of weeks ago) and the information I received at the recent DVC event in Boston is that only members who are staying using points can use the lounge.

Please post if you learn anything different. :mickey:

Ian
07-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Shows how much I know! :blush:

DizneyFreak2002
07-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Looks good. Glad we bought into it. ;)

Bought into it as well... Staying there in October... Magic Kingdom view!!!

MinnieMommie
07-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Bought into it as well... Staying there in October... Magic Kingdom view!!!

:congrats: and

:welcome: Home

Way to go! I bet you can't wait for your trip. I can't wait to hear about it.

Hammer
07-02-2009, 11:19 PM
The information I have from my guide (who read me the memo she had just received a couple of weeks ago) and the information I received at the recent DVC event in Boston is that only members who are staying using points can use the lounge.

Please post if you learn anything different. :mickey:

But if someone is renting points from a member, the reservation system will see them as if they were a member as the member would have made all the arrangements. For example, I had some points that had to be used so I made a reservation for my parents. They are not associated with my contract. When they checked in, they were treated like members and their room keys said "DVC member". So I can't see how the BLT system will differentiate between people who are at BLT on points they own versus rented points, which I believe is the situation scootch713's is questioning. I think we all have seen based on the snafus with on-line ADRs and checkin that WDW does not have that great of an IT department!

As much as it pains me ;) , I agree with Ian's first post.

DizneyFreak2002
07-02-2009, 11:22 PM
:congrats: and

:welcome: Home

Way to go! I bet you can't wait for your trip. I can't wait to hear about it.

You know I can't wait... And I swear,t his year, I will provide trip reports.. LOL..

DizneyFreak2002
07-02-2009, 11:24 PM
But if someone is renting points from a member, the reservation system will see them as if they were a member as the member would have made all the arrangements. For example, I had some points that had to be used so I made a reservation for my parents. They are not associated with my contract. When they checked in, they were treated like members and their room keys said "DVC member". So I can't see how the BLT system will differentiate between people who are at BLT on points they own versus rented points, which I believe is the situation scootch713's is questioning. I think we all have seen based on the snafus with on-line ADRs and checkin that WDW does not have that great of an IT department!

As much as it pains me ;) , I agree with Ian's first post.

I assume that the lounge is open for all persons staying with the DVC member too???

dlpmikki
07-03-2009, 03:14 AM
The only way I can think of them enforcing this is to have to physically show your DVC member card (not the room card). This has only started to be done for benefits but surely a hotel amenity would not come under that heading. It would be like saying you can't go in the community room or the long spike room at VWL. If they are doing this it must because they have made the lounge way too small for the number of people likely to want to use it staying at BLT.

MinnieMommie
07-03-2009, 07:59 AM
First let me say that I have shared information which was imparted to me but I am not in a position to defend or interpret it. That being said, how they will enforce this is the question (or one of them). DH and I are asking the same questions.

There will be several types of visitors at BLT. Members staying on points, members staying ofp, non members renting points, non members who have been given member points, non members who have paid for the room. How will Disney differentiate amongst these when allowing access to the lounge?

I'm assuming members and the guests staying with members will be allowed in the lounge.Never considered the possibility that my children who will be staying with me will not be allowed in. But there are times when my kids might stay without me or DH using our family points. I don't know how this or other situations will be managed by Disney and maybe they haven't thought this through yet either.

From what I understand there was much internal dialogue before a decision was made and that yes...the space is small. Not to say this policy may not change ...but it is possible that it may end up being even more restrictive. We'll see and hope for the best. I have a possible situation on my upcomig trip which may restrict members from my immediate family from using the lounge. I surely hope this does not happen! :mickey: