PDA

View Full Version : First time staying at POP...few questions

aurora, ariel, and bell
07-01-2009, 08:26 AM
We are arriving at POP on September 8/09, our plane lands at 10:25am.
I've been reading about on line check in. Since we have never stayed at POP before I was wondering what room numbers are good locations and which are not so good. (we requested a preferred room with a request to be close to the Hippy Dippy Pool and ground floor.)
Is the lines at POP long for regular check in? I heard the resort is sold out! (nervous about this too as friends said we won't get close to the pool or food court with all the people) Should we check in on-line? When we get a room assigned I was hoping for some numbers of rooms so we know we are close to buses etc. (we are grandparents taking 2 small children with stollers), that way we can ask if there is something else available if we need to.
thanks for the help!

Strmchsr
07-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Don't worry. The resort won't be at 100% capacity. "Sold out" is a very relative term. What you're hearing is that the rooms for the "free" dining promotion are sold out. That's a very different animal than the resort being sold out with every room occupied. They only set aside a certain number of rooms at each resort for a promotion and only the rooms they feel can be booked are "open" at any one specific time. So, for September 50% capacity might be "sold out" because that's all the rooms they have on-line.

As for check in lines, yes, they can be long, but they can also be short. It just seems to be when you hit it. Having used online check-in back in May I'm not sure it shortened the wait time to see a CM to check-in but it shortens your wait time at the counter once you get up there because your packet should be ready.

Keep in mind that you have requested a 60s building, but there are also "preferred" rooms in the 70s and 50s section that you could be assigned to. Everything is pretty close to "a" pool, though and I don't think any of the buildings are all that far of a walk to the main building. 4-5 min tops.

aurora, ariel, and bell
07-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Does that also mean all the rooms at the 60's are preferred? Are there any room numbers or locations i should look out for...good or bad?

Strmchsr
07-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Actually the "preferred" rooms at Pop seem to change. Sometimes the 50s are, and sometimes they're not. Sometimes the 60s not facing the pool would not be preferred and sometimes it is. I think the capacity has something to do with it. However, I didn't find any rooms particularly bad. I've stayed all over Pop and the only "bad" was carrying my luggage to my car from the 70s building facing the lake. That was a LONG walk to the parking lot, but nothing else was bad.

karenrarintogo
07-04-2009, 12:22 PM
We have gone to POP Century in Sept for the last 3 years, arriving at different times. We never waited in line more than 5-10 min each time we checked in--once even less.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
07-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Same here... We have gone 2 Septembers in a row (and this will be our third) to POP. Arrived at MCO about 10:30 both times... and never waited for more than 1 or 2 families in front of us. Additionally both times we asked to be moved to the 50's Tramp Building 3rd or 4th floor (not a preferred building) and it was granted both times. I know you can't expect that, but they were so mice about trying and getting it!

ransam
07-04-2009, 08:01 PM
i love pop,and i am sure you will too.
the wait was no problem.
our room was in the 60's building and it was cool. we were on the 3rd floor ...but there was an elevator. I am handicapped. and was using an evc...and had no problems.

hardingella
07-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Stayed at POP twice now, never had to wait long in line 10 mins max.We have stayed in 50s and 80s. Both times asked for quiet room with no connecting door(to keep sound levels down) and both times were perfect. Have heard that rooms looking over pools can be very noisy late at night.From our 80s room to busses was a five minute walk around the parking lot at the back, cant remember room number though, and their were rooms much closer than that.Im sure if you explain you needs at check in they will try their hardest to help you.:mickey:

aurora, ariel, and bell
07-06-2009, 09:22 AM
If you do the on line check in can you still go to the regular line instead, if it isn't too long, to make further requests if needed?