PDA

View Full Version : So excited got AKL for Jan.

WishesFan13
06-30-2009, 08:46 PM
So DH and i just bought into DVC and couldn't wait until next year to take a DVC vacation. We filled out the request on the DVC page and got the email back saying only OKW and SSR were available. We called this morning and BCV and AKV were also available. We booked AKL in a savannah view room for 4 nts.
I'm thrilled. I was really nervous because a lot of people were saying you can't get in at a non-home resort even at the 7 month mark, but we did. This will be our first time staying at AKL and we figured this will be a more relaxing trip just to get the feel of DVC so the savannah view will be perfect. I can't wait to sit on the balcony and watch the animals.

vizsla
07-01-2009, 05:16 AM
Congrats:thumbsup:

PlutoPlanet
07-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Congrats! We stayed at AKL last year and are staying there again this year. The savannah view helps to make a stay at AKL more relaxing than at other resorts.

MinnieMommie
07-01-2009, 06:30 PM
I think you will love AKL Savannah view! We stayed in January and had a savannah view in Jambo House. We had an amazing experience. I really love AKL and if I am unable to get reservations at the 7 month window will consider purchasing points.

Not sure what the deal is with the online reservation system. I called at my 7 month window for our January '09 trip and were able to get into AKL and BC (split stay). Same thing with waitlist. I have only gotten my waitlist by calling to check on the status of my waitlist (and have been waitlisted at my home resort too!).

Have a wonderful time and please post to let us know more about your experience at AKL. Will you be at Kidani? :mickey:

WishesFan13
07-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Yup, Kidani. Dh and i were just looking up stuff online and i really can't wait. We've already decided we'll have to bring the video camera. We normally don't take it since we don't have any kids yet so we just take lots of pictures, but it'll be a must have this trip. I'll post when we get back and i'll try to get some good pictures i can post too.

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Today we booked Kidani in January too. They didn't have a 1-br savana view for all 6 nites so rather than waitlist we will do the first 2 nites at our home resort OKW.
My daughter is sooooooo excited.
AKL is her favorite regular WDW resort and everything we have heard about Kidani makes us feel this will be a great trip!!!:D

faline
07-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Sounds wonderful! Enjoy!