PDA

View Full Version : Confused by Visa Rewards Card

JoDisney
06-30-2009, 07:46 PM
I got my rewards card in the mail. I was talking to reservations about my particular reservation and said I would be applying the money on my rewards card toward my resort reservation when I get to Disney. The CM says to me that the even though I have the rewards card the money will have to go on my charge card. I did not know what she was talking about. I thought I can give my rewards card at check-in and use the amount toward my reservation balance due.

faline
06-30-2009, 07:51 PM
If you have put all your reward points on your rewards card, you should not have a problem using your rewards card to do exactly what you just described.

Last year, I used all of our rewards points to pay for most of one of our annual passes. All I had to do was call Disney and give them the rewards card information - just as if I were using a credit card. The small remaining balance was placed on my credit card at my request.

Kathy Jetson
07-01-2009, 01:17 AM
Last year I used my rewards card for my balance when we checked in and I had no problem doing so.

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
07-01-2009, 09:17 AM
I think many times people who have Visa rewards cards have only a very small balance on them, maybe $100 or so and the front desk would like something as a "guarantee" to cover any costs beyond that. I don't believe they have any way of checking on the spot to see what the balance on the card is. Last year when we went, we gave them our rewards card and our credit card too, to cover any costs that went above and beyond the balance of the rewards card. Maybe they would be willing to take both with the understanding that they will first use the rewards card?

Marilyn Michetti
07-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Most resorts require a one night deposit on a credit card. Could that be what they're talking about?:confused:

omearac
07-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Most resorts require a one night deposit on a credit card. Could that be what they're talking about?:confused:

That sounds right to me.

faline
07-06-2009, 09:28 PM
I don't think so. The original poster speaks to using the rewards AFTER they arrive at Disney which means they would already have put their deposit in place.