PDA

View Full Version : What is your typical length of stay at WDW?

PiratesCove
06-30-2009, 06:23 PM
What is your typical length of stay at WDW?

If you stay longer than a week, what is the touring schedule like? Water parks some days? Shopping in Orlando? What do you do?

My typical stay at WDW is 7 or so days. I guess I'm gonna have to try a two week trip sometime!!:cloud9:

CzepielCrew
06-30-2009, 06:51 PM
I like to stay 7 nights if we can. That way there is no huge rush to see everything.

lionprincess9
06-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Every year we go in late summer for around 9 or 10 days, but if we go between its around 6 days. In the summer, we don't spend the whole day at the theme park. We go in the morning and come back to the hotel around 1, to swim. Sometimes we spend a whole day at DTD though

Gregandmel
06-30-2009, 07:00 PM
We went for 7 days and 6 nights and plan on the same pace for the next trip. I'd love to stay for 10 days or longer and fit in some other things in the area, but we haven't been able to afford a longer trip (yet).

FlaTinkRAMESAM
06-30-2009, 07:03 PM
It varies. We go out for the weekend (1-3 nights, depending on work schedule) every now and then, and take 3-4 long trips a year (8 days). We also take a lot of day trips, so 8 days is perfect--not too long, not too short.

ibrowse17
06-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Though we have stayed as long as two weeks, our average trip is 5-6 nights. On these trips, we tend to not leave Disney until it is time to head home.:thumbsup:

Lizzie
06-30-2009, 07:15 PM
We live in WA state. So with the airfare costs and how much time it takes to get there we only go every few years and stay for at least 10 days. But we hit DL inbetween that.

Our next trip I am planning on at least a full 14 days. Ten day parkhoppers, a day at each waterpark, a day of rest that we can maybe minigolf, play at the hotel pool and visit downtown disney not at night time. And we usually fly redeye so we get there at 8 am and in the past we have gone into parks that day but this time we can use it to relax and do other things.

But we get up early come back and nap and swim than stay out late.

faline
06-30-2009, 07:41 PM
We like to stay at least a week though we prefer staying 1-1/2 to 2 weeks more. Despite this, there are times when we've gone for just a long weekend.

Typically, we like to have 1 or 2 days in each park with at least 1-2 days of down time. We've been to the water parks but that is not our top priority. On down days, we might spend the day at our resort pool; spend some time at Downtown Disney; rent boats, canoes, or bicycles; or resort hop.

mook3y
06-30-2009, 07:47 PM
Were taking our 4th trip to WDW this year.

In order of trips, we have stayed 9 nights, 10 nights, 12 nights and staying 10 nights again this year.

Our kids are still little, so we like to take extra days so we can take our time. We take a break almost every day for a swim and nap in the middle of the day.

When we stayed 12 nights, we also did the 2 waterparks and Disney quest a couple times.

We have yet to leave Disney property after arriving there.

This year, we have season passes to Sea World that are good for any of the "Sea World/Busch Gardens" parks around the country (Not discovery cove). So we plan on going to Sea World for 1 day this year. Knowing us... we will tack a day on at the end of the trip and stay an extra night by sea world. lol.

Just can't walk from the magic once were there!

clou1028
06-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Our trips are always 4 nights/5 days. Last time we did all 4 parks, a day Typhoon Lagoon, Downtown Disney and made time to stop at Poly and see the Electrical Water Pageant. Not to mention we left the World nearly everday to go out to eat or shopping, and took midday breaks.

Our wedding/honeymoon trips was 10 days. But the 4 nights/5 days is what works best for us. We don't like being away from home for too long.

kakn7294
06-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Our trips vary in length but seem to average 8 days. We've gone as little as 4 days and as long as 10 days.

joonyer
06-30-2009, 09:02 PM
This is an interesting question. I think I'll start a poll.

We usually stay for 7 nights (if we can) sometimes less. I wish we could stay for two weeks, but haven't found to way to make it happen. . . . Yet.

Marceline
06-30-2009, 09:39 PM
We started out doing 8 days but it turned out 8 was not enough in our case and we are going for 10 this time. :yay:

Imalismom
06-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Before I got married 5 years ago, I would go twice a year, and spend about 7 - 10 days each time.

Since I have gotten married, I have been once, but am going again in a a few weeks.

I never made a schedule (except where I had to purchase tickets (i.e. Candlelight Processional).
I would just go where I felt like going.

The funny thing is, as many times as I have been to WDW, I have never visited a water park. They just never have interested me.

One of the great things for me about WDW is not haveing to figure anything out ahead of time, park visiting wise.

BelleKP
06-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Our typical trip had been 7 days/six nights . . . but found that our travel days barely counted (unless lucky enough to hit evening EMH upon arrival), so it felt more like 5 days. Which we decided was just not enough time.;)
So now we travel for 10 days . . . but again, we don't count our travel days. So that gives us 8 park hopping days. 2 days MK, 2 days EP, 1 day AK, 1 day HS, 1 day TL or BB and 1 rest day/resort hopping.
Works for us!! :mickey::thumbsup:

doombuggygal
06-30-2009, 10:36 PM
We do a 2 week trip when we go in Oct/Nov. We buy 10 day park hoppers w/ water parks @ more. We spend 10 days in the main parks, do a night of MNSSHP, Disney Quest, an evening @ the Boardwalk, and the water park that is open. We also do Deluxe dining w/ 2 sit down meals a day. Food and Wine is this time of year as well. We also hit the outlets in Orlando, we love the DW Outlets. The crowds are low this time of year so we can go @ a more relaxed pace which is nice.

ransam
06-30-2009, 11:27 PM
i try to get in 9 days, 8 nights...that gives you 1 1/2 days at MK, 2 1/2 days at epcot, 1 day at HS, 1 day at AK, 1 chil day to hang out and swim, 1 day to explore other disney stuff (downtown disney, boardwalk, etc...) and then one day to mix and match our favorite parts of the park.

Kathy Jetson
06-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Our 1st trip was 3 nights, 2nd trip 4 nights, 3rd trip 5 nights, next trip will be 6 nights, trip for 2010 will be 7 nights. I'm working my way up to dream vacation of 2 weeks slowly so my family won't catch on :secret:

BelleKP
07-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Our 1st trip was 3 nights, 2nd trip 4 nights, 3rd trip 5 nights, next trip will be 6 nights, trip for 2010 will be 7 nights. I'm working my way up to dream vacation of 2 weeks slowly so my family won't catch on :secret:

How very sneaky of you!! :D

Aggie97
07-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Our trips generally have been 8-11 days. We spend 1-3 days in each park (depending on the park), a day at DTD, and a day resort hopping. We sleep in many days and take things at a fairly relaxed pace. :mickey:

TheMartellFamily
07-01-2009, 12:23 PM
8-10 days we do stay longer and sometimes shorter but this is what it averages out to be.

PiratesCove
07-01-2009, 04:54 PM

Smartie! Why didn't I think of that!! :secret:

BelleLovesTheBeast
07-02-2009, 11:16 AM
It varies from 7-10 days. We usually spend 3 days at Epcot, 2 at MK, 1 at AK and DHS. If it's longer then we might go back to AK or DHS and usually spend more days at MK and Epcot. If our trip is more than 10 days then we see other parts of Orlando. We'll go out do some shopping, trying some restaurants in the area and see some other parks.

bruin1344
07-02-2009, 01:06 PM
My trips are usually 5 or 6 nights, this year im doing 7 nights, 5 nights at WDW and 2 nights at Universal.

kemps@wdw
07-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Ours is usually a 6-7 day stay. As our DD is now 16, there are alot of the attractions, that we no longer consider a must-do. So, we have an opportunity get in more than we used to when she was younger, :thumbsup:which allows us more park-hopping time, :thumbsup: which allows us more relaxing resort time, :thumbsup: which makes for a better vaca! :thumbsup:

Figment78
07-06-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm so jealous of all y'all that are staying 8+ days! DH & I stayed 9 days/8nights for our honeymoon and that was the longest trip we've ever taken anywhere. It was the perfect amount of time for us. Since then, we have taken one 8 day trip to WDW, when we took both of our parents in Feb 07. Our trip in March with our DS was only 7 days, which really felt like 5 days because the travel days were a waste). Definitely NOT enough for future trips with little ones, so I plan to bump back up to at least 8 for the future.

When DH & I go alone (now), we only go for 4 or 5 nights because that's all we can manage for a babysitter. We skip the rides we ride with DS and spend more time shopping, eating, relaxing by the pool, squeezing in a spa appointment and riding the "big" rides. We skip most parades and fireworks (but never Wishes!).

10 days or 2 weeks sounds like heaven to me! It would be so nice to have more time to do things like play mini-golf or real golf, or spend more than 1 morning at a water park. I don't think I could ever manage that much time off work at one time, or convince DH to take that much time off. But if I can spread the 14 days out over two trips per year, I'll be happy! :thumbsup:

Ltmoko
07-06-2009, 02:31 PM
We usually do 8 to 10 days. Works out pretty well. This next trip in Oct is 9 days.

TheTexasKid
10-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Typical length of stay.

Day 1. Arrival. Do nothing but hang around the resort and have dinner.

Day 2. First full day. Magic Kingdom.

Day 3. Second full day. EPCOT

Day 4. Third full day. Disney's Hollywood Studio

Day 5. Fourth full day. Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Day 6. Fifth full day. Everything else at Walt Disney World.

Day 7. Departure. Do nothing but hang around the resort and have breakfast.

So seven days or a week. But this time I have to add another full day, because I have to take a trip into Orlando.

BMan62
10-07-2009, 06:51 PM
7 to 10 nights (8 to 11 days)

Arrive before noon the first day and leave after 3 the final day.

Always use last day for DTD - shopping, Ghiradelli, etc.

Bubbie Girl
10-07-2009, 10:05 PM
We stay 7-10 nights. We rarely make a schedule and just decide day to day where and what we want to do. Some days we spend more time at the resort than anywhere else. We figure were on vacation :mickey:can do as we want for once.

seanyred
10-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Typically 7-10 nights. But I do miss my Honeymoon and 1st Anniversary Trips. Honeymoon 18 nights. 1st Anniversary 15 nights.

32 Nights in one year it was so great...we never felt rushed and we did what we liked. On year I'd like to go for 21 nights but I think I will have to wait awhile for that one.

disneyboundagain
10-07-2009, 10:54 PM
For our Dec trips, always arrive in FL on 12/16 and spend 3 days on the dark side. Then we start Disney on 12/19 (this started in the good 'ol days when you could get the Value Season rate for the whole stay if the first day was during the Value Season) and leave on 12/26. The first few days there was (used to be) no crowd whatsoever, and the closer is was the Christmas, the more crowded it became. The first few days we hit all 4 parks and every single ride we wanted. After that, we just enjoyed the parades, shopping, and any rides that had shorter lines. Never have been to the water parks, never had any desire.

mudpuppysmom
10-07-2009, 11:17 PM
We go 7 full days....I plan the first flight out the day we arrive (usually 7 am arrive MCO 9:20ish)....and leave on the last flight out (usually around 8 pm arrive home at 10:30ish -- get home home around 11:30).

We hit the ground running from the time we land.....get luggage, grab car and off we go to check into the hotel, then off to the store for some supplies then to MGM for about a half day. We're usually back in the hotel around 8ish for the night and get to sleep b/c it's been a heckuva long day!

Our last day we do MK until we have to leave.....then we show DH our :pout: faces in front of the castle and we are off to the airport heading for home.

We use ALL our time!

jnfr2424
10-08-2009, 12:19 AM
Typical vacations are 14+days just like the PP said, first flight out so we are in MCO by 9:30am we take our time and do the parks, resort hop, and go to other theme parks, spend time at the resorts by boating hanging at DTD and even visiting friends that live in Florida. The last day we have breakfast at one of the resorts and then go to the Magic Kingdom to bid adieu! The longest vacation we ever did was 21 days and we resort hopped 4 times! Wish I could do it again!

Dsnygirl
10-08-2009, 01:40 AM
I'm working my way up to dream vacation of 2 weeks slowly so my family won't catch on :secret:
:thumbsup: Ditto!! :plot:

We seem to lengthen our trips each time... first trip w/ our girls was 4 nights, travelled home on the 5th day... 2nd trip was just DH and I for I'cot's anniversary, so that was 3 nights/3 days. 3rd trip was last December, 7 nights, 8 days... day 1 and 8 were travel days, but we had an early arrival and a late departure, so we had park time those days, as well. I've done a "girlfriends" trip for 3 nights/4 days... perfect length of time to be away from the family, not too long, not too short... and our upcoming trip is our longest yet, 10 nights/11 days. But - days 1 and 11 are travel days, with our arrival allowing us time to only check in and swim before bed (which sounds perfect, actually, as we usually hit the ground running off to the parks, and this time, can just chill...) and our departure pick-up is around 11am, so we'll just relax at our resort and enjoy a nice breakfast and some time watching the animals. (We'll be at AKL when we leave)

As far as park time -- MK usually gets at least 2 days, this time it gets about 3 b/c of MNSSHP... AK always gets about 2 1/2, DHS gets 1 1/2 and Epcot will get 2 1/2 this time b/c our girls are getting older, and we'll have fun doing some of the stuff we've never done w/ them before. We'll have an evening at DTD & hopefully a day at Typhoon Lagoon, weather permitting.

When my DH and I looked at our "schedule" (not a really solid one, just an idea of which parks we might hit b/c of ADR's, etc.) we both said, "It's not enough time!!" and laughed, b/c it's our longest trip yet. We're finding time this trip to rent sea raycers and hang out at the BW, but there is so much else we'd like to do, too! :blush:

So, hopefully our next trip will be longer -- or it'll have to be two 8 day trips in one year so our girls don't miss as much school -- but we just keep finding we want to stay longer!! :D

Ransom
10-08-2009, 09:07 AM
We usually stay 12 full days (plus 2 travel days, of course). That gives us five days in the park, two days off, and then five days in the park. It works out to a nice vacation, and we feel really lucky that our employers let us take a vacation that long every year!

PittFan
10-08-2009, 10:51 AM
We started out going for 7 days a few years back, but each year we extended our trip by a few days. For our trip that begins next week we will be there 15 days !!! And because that didn't seem long enough, we are going back in December for 8 more days !!! We just can't get enough !!! :cloud9:

rubato
10-08-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm so jealous of all of you who stay for 10+ days. Our first trip was 3 days, 2nd was 4 days. In January, we'll be there for 7 nights, 8 days. We always go in the off season, so we don't do water parks. So far, we've never had time for extras, just parks. In fact, the first trip, we didn't make it to AK (I didn't realize what I was missing until the 2nd trip). This time, we're taking it easy with 8 day hoppers. We're going to DTD and Boardwalk. We're eating at a lot of the resorts that aren't on the monorail, since we have time. We're also going to play mini golf and swim and chill out.

I am trying to work up to 2 weeks, but hubby says we'll be bored with the 8 days in Jan. I, of course, will have to work hard to change his mind!:mickey:

Joannelet
10-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Our typical trip is 7 days 6 nights in the parks :) We also drive down from Jersey so we would love to make it even longer....our trip starts 2 days before we get there though. :)
My future goal is to stay in Disney for at least 10 nights. Hopefully this will happen sometime within my lifetime :) LOL
But we take our time even with our 7 day trip. I always give a FREE Day during our week to do whatever we want to do....
With No ADR's nothing....just to go with whatever we feel like doing :)

barbiegirl314
10-08-2009, 02:36 PM
We like to go for 10 days, we started going for this length of a time a few years ago. This gives us a couple of days at each park, a couple of days to hang at the resort and we don't feel like there's a need to be up from dawn to midnight in order to get everything in.

When we used to go for the week it always seemed so stressful and never felt like we had down time to relax. 10 Days is the perfect fit for us.

DizNee143
10-08-2009, 03:47 PM
when i would go with my family it would be anywhere from 7 nights to 10 night stays...
when i started going with my boyfriend (hubby, now) it seems we average 5-6 nights...soo not enough for me..but longer than he wants..(hubby is not much of a disney person)..
we are having a little girl in dec..and im hoping in two years we can go..and i personally dont care if we can only go for one night..im taking my little girl!! im sure we'll get into a different pattern with taking her..:mickey:

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
10-09-2009, 10:07 AM
We usually go to WDW for 8-10 days on average. It is just enough time to do the things we really want to do and not be away from home too long.

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

Dickson Thunder
10-10-2009, 05:15 PM
We usually stay 6 days, starting at AK, DHS, Epcot one day each and two days at MK.