PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay for a family of 5?

sleepycoconut
06-30-2009, 05:14 PM
We are trying to decide what would be the best option for us...

*adjoining rooms at a value resort

*POR with a trundle

*family suite? does one of the values have one?

Our DS will be 12, 11 & 9 when we go. All 3 are really easy kids,not particular at all, and can sleep just about anywhere.

Any ideas?

pandkx3
06-30-2009, 05:32 PM
We're a family of 5 and we usually stay at Pop in adjoining rooms. With three boys 15,12,9 we need two bathrooms and room to relax (esp. the two bathrooms:blush:). It has worked out great. The Allstar Music has family suites with a queen (I think) and two pull out beds in the living area, as well as a kitchenette. We had rather have regular beds than pull out bed, so we opted for the two rooms at Pop. The suites look nice, though...Its just what appeals to you more. I could not think of putting all of us in one room with a trundle bed:noway: I guess its depends more on what age your children are..Hope this helps....

missymouseworld
06-30-2009, 05:43 PM
We are a family of 5 and have stayed at the POR for the last 3 trips, but now that the kids are bigger (15,13,7) I think next trip will have to be two rooms or a bump up to a deluxe with more room. When the kids were younger, it seemed OK, but with one bathroom and teenagers getting ready, and everyone being on top of each other in one room gets a little much.

TikiLounger
06-30-2009, 07:32 PM
I suggest a cabin at Fort Wilderness. We had a blast. Plenty of room and a kitchen.

lighteningqueen
06-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Suites at All Star Music. It is fantastic... 2 full baths and 2 tv's and the kitchenette, The beds make into a full or maybe queen in the Living room and then the full chair turns into a TWIN BED PLUS THE OTTOMAN IS A REAL TWIN SIZE BED AS WELL. 39 x 75. It is 184.00 per night think it came to 207.00 tax and all. Loved the living room as we didnt have to come in at night and sit on beds to wind down. Plus it is great it is close to the Lobby and buses. Quiet on 3 or 4th floor both times we went facing pool.. Loved it.

GottaLvDisney
07-01-2009, 12:47 PM
We are now a family of 7, but last time we went to Disney we only had 6 of us and did two rooms at Pop (loved it). This time around we're staying at All Star in the suites... For me, I'd prefer a bit more space than what POR offers w/five people.

I'd say Pop or ASMu, depending on which resort you prefer.

sleepycoconut
07-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Thanks everybody for your input!:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
07-02-2009, 12:24 PM
...do POR, the resort has a deluxe feel with a moderate price tag.....:mickey:

mainemajor
07-02-2009, 09:28 PM
We went with the music suites and enjoyed them a lot. We used the kitchenette and fridge on numerous times and we were happy to have them.

cajunmickey
07-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Stayed in the Music suites this last time. We traveled with My mom, son 19, daughter 16, and sons girlfriend. We had plenty of room. There were no complaints about sleeping on the pull out beds. Have used two rooms in the past, this was so much better. Really enjoyed the fridge and microwave, helped get things going quicker in the morning for breakfast.

A Big Kid
07-04-2009, 07:05 PM
I prefer the Ft Wilderness cabins when we travel with five. There is only one bathroom, but a couple of us dont mind mind using the nearby "comfort stations" in the morning.

JRocker
07-05-2009, 05:38 AM
I have heard nothing but good about the cabins at Fort Wilderness.
You get a kitchen with all the cookware and a mousekeeper to clean up after you. If I didn't take our camper, our family of 5 would most likely stay in a cabin.