PDA

View Full Version : Tusker House and Big River Grille Question...

IamBelle
06-30-2009, 02:56 PM
I am deciding where to go for my August trip and cannot decide between the Tusker House and Big River Grille and Brewing Works, so I wanted to ask a few questions.
First, is Big River Grille on the DDP? In the Info Central, it says it is, but when we called Disney, they said it was a totally different company and they were not on the DDP, so I just want to know if it is or not.
And my second question, is the Tusker House a buffet for both lunch and dinner?

Thank you,
-IamBelle

Tink-N-Me
06-30-2009, 03:01 PM
I don't know about Big River Grille but did see on another website that Tusker House does have a buffet for lunch at $19.99/adult & $10.99/child and their dinner buffets run $26.99/adult & $12.99/child. Happy Dining!

Figment!
06-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Official INTERCOT Travel Agency Magical Journeys has posted a copy of the official brochure and it is listed there (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/WDW/2009Dining.pdf).

Basket Mommy
06-30-2009, 05:59 PM
I do know that Big River Grille has a totally separate reservation number to call. When we went in August 2008 I tried to make an ADR for there and was given a separate phone # to call for reservations. I never did (we weren't on the DDP then, but we decided not to eat there for some reason). So that part is true. I did find it listed HERE (http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2009%20Disney%20Dining%20Plan%20-%20Walt%20Disney%20World.pdf) on Disney' official brochure (lunch and dinner only). That list is good 1/1/09 through 12/31/09. Those dates are at the top of the brochure.

ElenitaB
06-30-2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks, Jason, for posting that link!

In terms of quality and selection of food, I'd totally suggest the Tusker House buffet (lunch or dinner) over Big River Grille. But then again, I had a very unfortunate experience with Big River Grille. :ack: Let's just say that even though I frequently stay at the Boardwalk, I'll never go to BRG again.