PDA

View Full Version : To stay or not to stay?

KAT1811
06-30-2009, 02:06 PM
We are headed to WDW November 1 - 15 this year and I have been keeping an eye on our proposed airline tickets. The fare for our return flight is $209 on Sunday and $129 on Monday. There are 6 of us (5 ticketed, one is an infant) so we would save $400 on airfare by staying another night.

This is my dilema. We are staying DVC this year and do not have the points to add on another day (I don't want to rent points for one night but I did think about it). I also so not want to pay $610+tax for a 2 bedroom villa for 1 night, that would defeat the purpose of staying. I was thinking of either staying at a deluxe (BC, YC, GF, BW or CR) in one room (DH, DD 12, DD 5, DD 2, & DS 8 months) with DD 2 on the day bed and DS in a crib. Or getting two rooms at a moderate or value. I figure I can snag some sort of room only discount for the night. Would you stay or would you just go home?

I figure we would have to move but that wouldn't be a huge deal since I would have to pack us up to go home anyway and we could just live out o our suitcases for the 1 night. It might be a bit of an adventure for the kids (and for us). I figure we would just about break even with the room and food but it would add on another day to our vacation.

** DH works 100+ hours a week March - November, no exaggeration, so we desperately need a vacation come November. His hours shorten a bit after that but not too much and still 7 days a week. Oh, the joys of owning your own company! **

Seasonscraps
06-30-2009, 02:15 PM
After 2 weeks on vacation, I would be ready to go home. The costs of the extra hotel night, food, and any activity costs of the extra day will probably more then cancel out the savings from the cheaper flight.

KAT1811
06-30-2009, 02:52 PM
. . . and any activity costs of the extra day . . .

I forgot to add that we rec'd one day park hopper passes on our last trip (because mousekeeping was so bad) so we would finally have a reason to use the tickets.

Most people would be ready to go home after two weeks but in WDW we are "home". ;)

SBETigg
06-30-2009, 03:28 PM
You could get a room at the airport hotel. I think it's a Hyatt. We did this on the last night of our April trip. We stayed and enjoyed the parks, left after Illuminations, checked in at the airport hotel, and just relaxed for the last night/morning before the trip home. It was nice being at the airport already and not having to get up early to check out and head over. You just take the elevator down to the terminal and go right through security. Very easy.

Tez
06-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Take ME to the airport then take a free airport shuttle to an airport hotel and relax!

Seasonscraps
06-30-2009, 04:37 PM
I forgot to add that we rec'd one day park hopper passes on our last trip (because mousekeeping was so bad) so we would finally have a reason to use the tickets.

Most people would be ready to go home after two weeks but in WDW we are "home". ;)

I figured you probably had park tickets covered but your last statement says it all - enjoy the extra day. :cloud9: