PDA

View Full Version : Booking through AAA?

ryels
06-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Just wondering about booking through AAA. We're planning on booking through AAA for our trip early next year.

For those of you who have gone through AAA before, will they give you whatever promotion Disney is running (discounted rooms, free dining, etc) in addition to the AAA discount, or will they just give you whichever is the greater of the two? Just curious...

Thanks!

Gusgus
06-30-2009, 02:17 PM
I do not believe you are allowed to add discounts together. MJ can help you out. I have an AP, and AAA. MJ always figures out for me what is the best deal. No figuring needed on my part!

Gusgus

BMan62
06-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Just wondering about booking through AAA. We're planning on booking through AAA for our trip early next year.

For those of you who have gone through AAA before, will they give you whatever promotion Disney is running (discounted rooms, free dining, etc) in addition to the AAA discount, or will they just give you whichever is the greater of the two? Just curious...

Thanks!

They pretty much only want to give you their discount. Many times, it is the same as the Disney discount, but not always. Never will you get an 'in addition to' discount. Only one discount per reservation.

Save yourself the hassle and book through Magical Journeys. You can use your AAA membership, if that will get you the best discount, but Magical Journeys will make sure you get the benefit of any 'better' discount that may come up before your trip. AAA won't do that for you!!

AND you would be showing your support of Intercot, since Magical Journeys is an Intercot sponsor!!

momofdisneyprincess
06-30-2009, 02:21 PM
As the previous poster stated, you cannot combine discounts. In order to get the free dining promotion, you need to pay full rack rate. Or, you can get the AAA discount. I booked through MJ a couple of years ago. At first, there weren't any "specials" running so they booked me a room only rate using my AAA discount. They kept on top of any discounts offered so I didn't have to drive myself crazy. When a free dining one came out. We switched from the AAA room only rate to that. MJ did all of the work for me. They even made my dining reservations. I highly recommend them. :thumbsup:

ryels
06-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Hmmm, may have rethink booking through AAA. I've been wanting to use Magical Journeys for awhile also.

Thanks for the responses!

WishesFan13
06-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Dh and i just became DVC members a few weeks ago, but we booked through AAA for all our disney trips for the past 7 years. We had a great travel agent who i'm very sad to be leaving. Everyone is right that you only get one discount, however the AAA discount is normally a good amount. Our travel agent booked us for free dining, 4/3 deal when it was available or with the AAA discount. She always did whatever would save us the most money including changing the package automatically when a better deal came along. We have saved about $150 off the disney website price on the magic your way package at a moderate and about $300 off a deluxe for 7 nts. We haven't used MJ so i can't say anything for them except that a lot of people on intercot like them. I would check with your local AAA office and get a price and you can compare it from there, but AAA has always been a great deal for us.

mattandmandy
06-30-2009, 11:00 PM
I agree with wishesfan13. We have also always booked through AAA and have a great agent we have used for years. We are going during free dining this year. There are also some vouchers that are good. (since we have never used the other way to book I don't know what extras they have)

We did, however, really enjoy the Story Time that is available only if you book with AAA. It is just a handful of kids who are read an original story by one of the characters. Alice read ours. After, the kids get to take pictures and get autographs.

linedropper
07-01-2009, 12:48 AM
No reason to book through aaa, Just make you lazy. By booking through disney you get same deals and can work out dinners yourself! Skip it.

Or us aaa if your lazy!:mickey:

mattandmandy
07-01-2009, 05:33 PM
No reason to book through aaa, Just make you lazy. By booking through disney you get same deals and can work out dinners yourself! Skip it.

AAA doesn't book your meals. We had to wake up early and do those ourselves this past Sunday when our 90 days came.

Gooftroop5
07-01-2009, 05:50 PM

I used them to save money. I did all my homework first to make sure I was getting the best deals. I guess if saving money makes me lazy then so be it. However I am paying less for my rooms then someone who booked thru the Disney website on the 4/3 deal.

For the OP who said they wouldn't do the TS ressies. Last year they booked our grand gathering. She even booked our dinner reservations with a couple that I had to reschedule do to our plans changing or unable to get a restaurant. This year we are not using TS. Of course as I said above it was a grand gathering so maybe the only do it for that. However personally it is easier to do it yourself so you get what you want & can make the changes you need incase your times/restaurant is unavailable.

CleveRocks
07-02-2009, 06:34 AM

This is just simply untrue. Or at least, it is simply untrue SOMETIMES.

At times when there are no promotions/discounts going on, AND you wish to book a package (as opposed to a room-only reservation), booking through AAA is the only way to get that discount. AAA members can book a room-only reservation through Disney without having to bother with AAA itself, but guests who want to book a PACKAGE with the AAA discount (if that is the best discount available) MUST book through AAA.

Sometimes it's a matter of money, linedropper. But thanks for calling us lazy.:thumbsup:

brian2000boston
07-02-2009, 07:12 AM

Thanks!

Best thing to do regardless of who you use is research and be aware of the discounts available before, during and after the booking. Use whomever you are comfortable with whether it is AAA, MJ, or Disney themselves. If you spot a better price or package then call them and update it and make no assumptions they will do it for you. This is just a best practice for any consumer purchase.

None of them can combine discounts and all they can do is hope to use the best deal to get your business, this why it is important to watch out for yourself in any major purchase. things can get overlooked...

As for the dining issues. It is always best to do it yourself, they can't book you any earlier(no special privledges) then you can call yourself and most people want to be in control of what they do and when they do it. Many travel agents from many companies will offer you to call or help if you ask, many will not as well. Just remember even if they do offer, you may not be the only one or the first one they call for that morning.

Hope this helps.